A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Shine Your Light

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Rabbit was no longer whistling as he rose up from the ground with Kitai into Yggdrasil, the Norse world tree. While it wasn't the official home of either Hel, Fenris, or Jormungandr, they had taken it over and made it into their home. Built inside the largest tree in history, it really was a beautiful place. With thick large walls and plants that wove itself through them and up into the leafy ceiling, the triumverate of norse gods had completely tainted it with their presence.

His grip still on her shoulder, he figured he really should knock her out, but if she cooperated, then there would be no need to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Kitai kicked out at Rabbit with one of her foot paws as he dragged her into some unknown place. It was just really hitting her now that this Yoko was definitely not Yoko, even if his body was the same. She thought back to what Jetta had said about voices, and she remembered from her time with him so long ago that there was one in particular that bothered him a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Rabbit jumped back and mumbled something incoherent, rolling his eyes. "Hey, I was going to let you walk but if you're going to be like this then forget it."

"Oh? What is it that you have here Rabbit?"

Pestilence peered around the werewolf to see the tiny form of the norse underworld goddess. She was a tiny little thing, 5' 1'' at the maximum, but she was one of the most intimidating figures that Rabbit had come across so far. With long blonde hair and honey gold eyes, she scanned Kitai like she was something to eat. "Hmm.... she's quite malformed, what with those ears and feet and tail," Hel commented, circling around the werewolf. A black dahlia like smile spread across her face and a light of recognition came on in her eyes. "You must be Kitai. I admit, I haven't heard a lot about you. Yoko never talked to me much. While I am curious as to why you're here, I don't feel like listening to Rabbit explain himself. So I must wish you good day. Wiggling her fingers in a 'toodles' fashion, she sauntered off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Kitai's ears pressed back against her head in annoyance at being called malformed. It was one of the few verbal insults that she really didn't like and found hard to deal with. She herself almost never thought of her wolf-features, they were a reminder to her that she was lucky to be alive and were even useful in terms of having enhanced hearing 24/7. She tried to break free of Rabbit's grasp again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Rabbit waved his hand in front of Kitais face, emitting a carbon monoxide gas that would be sure to knock her out almost instantly. 'I don't see how you can be friends with her,' Rabbit mumbled internally. As he had suspected, he hadn't gotten a response from Yoko. He hadn't heard from the fox since earlier. Rabbit had been expecting a complete outrage, however, Yoko seemed completely subdued. Shame. Rabbit would've loved to rub this moment in his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Kitai suddenly felt really faint as the carbon monoxide gas affected her. She tried to fight it, but felt herself being dragged unwillingly into the cold waters of unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Rabbit slung the werewolfs body over his shoulder, debating where he should take her. He decided on his section of Yggdrasil for now, until he found some place more suitable. He passed the werecobra, Nefertari on the way. She bowed quickly, but he didn't acknowledge her. Entering one of the rooms, Rabbit set Kitais body down on the ground. Two chains snaked out of the walls, and tied themselves around her wrists. Snapping back, they pinned her wrists to the wall. Searching carefully, Rabbit removed any weapons she might have been concealing. Couldn't have her escaping now.

Once that was done, he set them a safe distance away from her and sat down in an arm chair, waiting patiently for her to stir again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:08 pm

In a little while, Kitai found herself able to think again slowly remembered what had happened. When she opened her eyes, she saw that she was chained to a wall and saw Rabbit sitting in an armchair a little ways away. She also noticed that he had removed all of her weapons. "If you're not Yoko, then who are you?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 pm

"Ahh... So we're finally going to act a little more civil, eh?" Rabbit asked with a small smile. "And since you asked so nicely, I think I'll answer you. I was dubbed, Rabbit, by your friend Yoko quite a few years before you met him." He dug his fingers into the arm of the chair, as if in anger. "I know you though," he continued, loosening his grip and drumming his fingers on the leather. "Once you came into the picture, I was thrown aside like a prom night dumpster baby."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:21 pm

"Yoko never wanted you, you can't throw away a friend that you never had," Kitai said. She remembered the time when she was taking care of Yoko and had found a very good friend in him. They had both helped each other get better mentally and shared many hours that she now considered precious to her. "So now you're taking it out on me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 pm

"I can assure that before you came in, I was much appreciated," Rabbit replied dryly. "And in a sense, yes. I am a good bit mad." He tilted his head slightly, looking down at Kitai curiously. "You don't seem to like me much. ...I suppose I can see why. Other than this it's not like I've ever done anything to you though."

He then narrowed his eyes, as if in thought, more than in anger. "You don't really know Yoko though," he pointed out. "You know the helpless schizophrenic version of him, but you don't really know him. And before you ask if I do in a sarcastic manner, I'll answer with a 'yes, I do'."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 pm

"At least I had the privilege of being able to call myself Yoko's friend," Kitai said, despite a voice in the back of her head telling her that it wouldn't be a good idea to make him mad. "I knew part of Yoko, and he knows me. So if you're going to kill me for the things you accuse me of, then do it already."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:34 pm

"I had that privilege until you showed up," Rabbit mumbled quietly under his breath. "I really don't plan on killing you yet," he said in normal tone. "That would be too quick, too easy. No... I'm shooting more towards shame and everlasting embarrasment first. Then maybe I'll kill you if I feel like it. And you're little spitfire facade isn't going to make your death any quicker or less painful. It's just pissing me off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Kitai finally decided that it wouldn't be wise to say anything more. But maybe she could try calling for help; now that her sister was alive again she might be able to reach her like she used to. The telepathic call made it a certain distance, then was somehow shorted out like a radio that can't pick up any stations. That meant that she must be in a place where no one could reach her. Great, just flipping great
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm

"I'm tired of looking at you," Rabbit said as he stood up. He needed to get away. If he didn't, he would probably either gouge his eyes out or kill her, and he really didn't want to do either. Wordlessly, he left Kitai alone. Well...he had thought she was alone.

Peeking around the corner of a seperate door frame was a small figure, looking about 12 years of age. He had the apperance of a steampunk, with thick rimmed glasses and a white teddy bear attatched to a chain at his hip.

"Nim! You have to be quiet or Bad Akri will hear you and he won't be pleased, no he won't!" came a harsh yell from the next room. "You're the one who's being loud," Nim whispered quietly, looking back over his shoulder. Another person stepped out, this one a bit older looking, maybe 16 or 17. She had waist length black hair that was tinged with red. In a corset, deep red tu tu, fish net stockings and knee high boots, she looked like a twisted, gothic style ballerina. "Hmmm...... Lyre thinks you look familiar," she said, playing with a strand of her hair. "You looks a weeeeeeeeeee bit like that Quill lady Lyre met long time ago. It's the eyes, yep gotta be the eyes, cause otherwise you look different."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 pm

"I'm Quill's twin sister," Kitai said. She was glad that Rabbit had left and a couple of people that definitely didn't seem so bad were around. "I think I saw you in her memories. You were the one that got sent to attack our old village when she was pregnant, right? Do you think you could help me get out of here? Even when I shift some bones around in my wrist I can't get my hands loose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Lyre bit down on her lower lip, looking guilty. "Bad Akri would be really mad if I did," she replied. "He'd hurt Lyre really bad." She started chewing on her thumbnail nervously. "You seem like good quality peoples... but Lyre doesn't know you. Lyre is too afraid to risk her life. ...Lyre is sorry." Feeling shamefull, guilty and awkward, the young demon girl turned and left. Trembling, Nim looking back and forth between Kitai and the direction Lyre had gone in. He was wrestling with the decision to either stay and help, or risk Rabbits fury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 pm

"It's okay," Kitai sighed. "Even if I get out of these chains I still have no idea where I am or how to escape. I just had wished that I would eventually lose my life in service of the Rebellion. But Yoko's still in there somewhere, isn't he?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 pm

"Maybe," Nim replied in a hushed tone. "....You're in Yggdrasil. It's called the world tree," he supplied, feeling like Kitai might feel a bit better if she at least knew where she was.

((Short post is really short.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 pm

"I haven't heard of it, but I never did study Norse mythology very well," Kitai said. "Thanks for telling me though. Is escape even possible from here?"

(('nother shortpost))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Nim shook his head. "Only ones can get out or in are Krigon, Bad Akri...Baba, Fenris, Jormungandr, and the blonde haired bitch goddess," he said in a hushed tone. He looked down at the ground for a moment, then at the bear attatched to its chain. "Nim is sorry," he whispered, detatching the bear and setting it down by Kitai. "Here. You can have my teddy."

"You're not giving our guests presents, now are you?" Rabbit asked as he appeared in the doorway.

((If I remember correctly, Baba is a loose translation and an informal version of daddy.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 pm

"It's okay, you keep your teddy bear," Kitai said, ignoring Rabbit. She hoped that he hadn't heard anything that Nim had said to her and decide to punish him for it. Since the Rabbit voice that had taken over Yoko seemed the exact opposite of him, she wouldn't put it past him to hurt a child for simply trying to comfort a prisoner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Nim looked a bit saddened that Kitai had refused his gift. He picked up the soft, squishy toy, trembling again at the apperance of Rabbit. "So I'm Bad Akri, hm?" Rabbit asked, having heard most of the conversation. "You at least got blonde haired bitch goddess right, but I'm wondering who Baba is."

Nim didn't answer Rabbit, he was too afraid to. He squeezed his teddy bear tighter, looking down towards the ground. Rabbit narrowed his eyes on the little demon child. He didn't know why Yoko had chosen to keep him. Nim was a coward and completely useless. Lyre at least knew how to hold her own in a fight. Nim always turned tail ran.

((Sorry. I thought it was going to end up being longer. XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kiitai
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:54 am

((Okay, I forgot to log in. Unsure as to whether or not I'll be able to get on this weekend because I'm being dragged to my aunt's house to be used as rasberry-picking labor.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 am

"Don't hurt him," Kitai pleaded. "Please, he didn't know any better." One of the things she hated was seeing others get hurt because of something that she did, especially if it was a child. She had no doubts now that Rabbit certainly could and would hurt Nim; it was clear that he didn't like the amount of information that he had given away to her. Even if defending Nim would most probably turn double the punishment on herself, she was trapped here with no hope of escaping anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shine Your Light   

Back to top Go down
 
Shine Your Light
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Question on Lambda symbol for light
» Jesus Light my way!
» good morning america time to rise and shine
» Green light only switches off in 'Summer' Range
» Element warning light flashing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: Yggdrasil-
Jump to: