The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Found Sanctuary

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

A New Found Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:18 pm

It would have to do. After such devestation, there was no way that the group could travel very far. Sanctuary could offer a temporary home, as well as protection. Run by a group of Elain bears, the 'Inn' properly dubbed Sanctuary, was an offered refuge to all. The only rule was, 'You don't bite me and I won't bite you'. It was a rule that was strictly enforced, and any who broke it faced the wrath of a 7ft tall Papa Bear (as he was most commonly called). The main ruler of Sanctuary, however, was a female bear, Nicolette, or Mama if you were on her good side.

And Akaelin sure as hell wasn't on her good side, by any stretch of the imagination. But even if he would have to sleep outside, the rest of the rebellion had done nothing to warrant Mama Lo's anger, and thus, they couldn't be refused. It would only be temporary, until they could get back on their feet, but it would do. As they neared the imposter Inn, Akaelin recognized Remi standing guard outside the door. His eyes widened slightly and he poked his head inside the door. He heard the bear yell Arlyns name loudly over the music. The song changed quickly, and Akaelin wondered exactly why he had done it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 pm

((Umm... Okay. So I have no idea why but all those posts besides the first one got deleted. We're not going to redo all of that, nothing really happened anyways. We'll just pick up where we left off.

Brief Recap:

-Arrived at Sanctuary
-Amilie met Mshai and re-met Rukia
-Akaelin went upstairs to talk to Nicolette
-Nicolette came down and asked for Carson (the vet)
-All three came down and Akaelin says that Nicolette just said that he was a flea ridden mutt and wanted Carson to check him for said fleas
-Swears that it happened, but is leaving out a detail

And that's pretty much it.))
Back to top Go down
lesronheart

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:29 am

Faorn walked past Nicolette and said a polite 'Hello'. It was no use to be rude and tactless at Sanctuary. Might as well be polite. Seeing a unbelievably tall shadow next to hers, she spun around.

"Davyn?" Her eyes narrowing.
Her twin brother laughed, "Hi."
"What are you doing here?"
"I dunno. I've been here for quite awhile actually." Davyn responded, his tone not friendly at all.

"Why do you to dislike each other so much?" Sarian, their guardian-- Well, Faorn's guardian-- inquired.
Both twins turned to glare at her.
Sarian took a step back, considering that both loomed over her in a menacing way. Her 5'4'' form was no match for Faorn's 6'6'' and Davyn's 6'8''.
"Uh, right. I'll just go and leave you two freakishly tall beings be." Sarian said, and let out an annoyed groan.

"Do you know Jan?" Nik asked, walking over to Faorn. "Well, you probably don't..." Nik had suffered from amnesia, and winded up at Jan's house. He tried to kill Jan and Yoko and the others. His brain had always been a bit fuzzy since then.

"Uh, yeah. He's part of the rebellion. Go ask somebody, or Akaelin where he is. I don't know much about him." Faorn responded.

((Whoops, sorry about that))

Last edited by lesronheart on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:38 pm

((Please edit Niks part of your post. Jan isn't with the Rebellion in Sanctuary yet.))
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 am

((I have a question from a roleplaying standpoint... what does the sanctuary look like? Is it a town or a single building?))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

((Sorry. I should've been more specific. Single building, three stories (third is off limits to anyone but the Elain) sort of like an Inn. Bottom floor is resturant style with a bar, second conatins all the bedrooms.

LEAVING UNEXPECTEDLY UNTIL JULY 20TH.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 pm

((God damn, right after I got back from camp too. Lesson learned: NEVER give campers sugar before bedtime))

"Is that all?" Nathifa asked, a little suspicious that Akaelin was keeping something from her. Then again, she had kept the details of the night on the underworld sea something of a secret for a while. She saw Jetta sit down next to Kitai, still being a tad overprotective.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
lesronheart

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Sarian shouldered past people quickly. Faorn raised her eyebrow. "Don't do anything stupid." Faorn told her twin brother, who did have a knack for getting into trouble.

Faorn followed her up some stairs. Sarian seemed in a rush. Why was that? Sarian walked half-way to the third floor, and spun around, "Don't try following me anymore."
Faorn silently cursed. She was losing it. She used to be so stealthy in the moutain where she grew up in.

"Why?" Faorn argued.

"Third level are for the Elain." Sarian snapped.

"Oh. I forgot about that." Faorn stepped back, and went back down the stairs.

((Elain is Katagaria, right?))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 pm

"Uh-huh," Akaelin mumbled absentmindedly. He looked up as Carson poked his head out of his office and whistled, signaling for Akaelin to enter. "I'll be back," Akaelin mumbled as he entered the vets office. He regretted it when Carson closed the door behind him and locked it. What color was in the wolfs face left, leaving him more pale than usual and his heart pounded in his chest. Carson verified the wolfs fears as he pulled out a needle and a small vile of some clear liquid. Akaelin pulled at the door, in too much of a panic to think to turn the lock. "Akaelin, do you want to get retarded and die?" Carson asked calmly as he removed the lit of the vile and stuck the needle in, pulling up on the syringe to suck the liquid in. "It's just a simple little--" He paused midsentence and looked up. The door was open and the wolf was nowhere to be found.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

((Thanks for the description! Very Happy))

Derak looked around the bottom floor. He then went and sat at a table and called for a drink ((I'm assuming that the bottom floor has a tavern sort of thing...?))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 am

((God, Derak likes to drink XD))

Nathifa tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for Akaelin to come back from Carson's office. She didn't know that he had escaped, and was definitely worried that her mate's problems were more serious than some fleas - which she knew he didn't have. She ought to know after spending time in bed with him.

---------------

Birch had now gotten over the overwhelming joy he felt at having his wife come back to life, and was only now starting to wonder how. "Who brought you back?" He asked in awe. "And how did you get the power to blow stuff up by touching it?"

Quill made a face as she spoke. "You can talk to Set," she growled. "It was his dirty hand that snatched me from the underworld.

((err, what were Runi and Jan's kids doing? I forgot))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:40 pm

((Eh, Tory and Geary are just kind of hanging out waiting for Jan. You can just say that the two of 'em are sitting at one of the tables.))

"Did you see Akaelin run out?" Carson asked Nathifa, still holding the needle and syringe in his hand. "I mean, it's not too urgent or anything." At least he hoped it wasn't. The Elain hawk didn't think that the goddess's mate would hold still long enough for him to get a decent evaluation. Carsons very presence unnerved the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 pm

"No, he ran out?" Nathifa asked. "Why would he do that? Did he make trouble again or something?"

---------------------

"Why didn't your dad travel with the rest of the Rebellion?" Runi asked Tory and Geary. It would be a lot more dangerous traveling alone; even without the unknown force attacking them there was still bandits and other ruffians to worry about. Jan didn't seem the type that could hold his own in a mass fight.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:34 pm

"He left to go see his boss," Tory pointed out. "Remember when he said something like, 'Rotti's gonna kill me'?" She remembered how her father complained about Rotti frequently, calling him a number of curse words and saying that the man was 'driving him a fucking wall'. "He was gone before the attack, s'why he's not here," she finished. Geary had her arms folded on the table and her head resting in the crook of her elbow, exhausted from all the excitement.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, no, nothing like that," Carson replied, holding up the needle. "He's just apparently afraid of this," the hawk added, giving the tip a flick. "But like I said, I don't think it's anything too urgent. Does he have any certain places that he likes to hide? Under beds, in closets or anything like that?"
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 pm

"There's an easier way to look for him than doing it physically. Give me just a minute then follow." Nathifa closed her eyes and looked outward with an inner eye for his energy. It didn't take her long to find it since his energy was the most familiar to her, not just because he was her mate but because he also had some of her blood in him. She opened her eyes once she locked onto it and started following it.

----------------------------

"Oh," Runi said, glad that he hadn't been around. Even if he did kill the girls' mother it would be a tragedy if they lost both of their parents. "How will he know where to find us?"
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Tory shrugged in response. "I dunno how he finds us," she said, resting her elbow on the table, and her cheek in the palm of her hand. "He just...does. Used to tick mum off to no end." She gave a small, rare smile at the thought of angering her mother.

------------------------

((I don't know about you, but I'm thinking about that south park episode where tom cruise locked himself in the closet. XD))

Carson followed Nathifa up the first flight of stairs and down the eastern corridor. They stopped in front of one of the rooms. Jiggling the handle, it was locked, as he had guessed. "Think you can get him to come out?" the hawk asked in a low tone so that Akaelin wouldn't hear him through the door.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Runi silently wondered how Jan was able to do that. Since he was human he wouldn't be able to track scents

----------------------------------

"I can do better than talk him out," Nathifa said, placing her hand over the lock. Using her energy like a key, she pushed the inner mechanisms that kept the door shut out of the way. The click of an unlocking door greeted her efforts and she pushed it open.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:56 pm

"Something wrong?" Tory asked absentmindedly. "You look confused...or something."

----------------------------------------

Carson hid around the corner, so that if Nathifa was able to get the wolf out, he wouldn't see the hawk right away.

Akaelin hid in wolf form underneath the bed, the skirt hiding him completely from view. He heard the door open and held his breath, his paws resting over his nose.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 pm

"Hey, why are you hiding in here?" Nathifa asked. She bent down and stuck her head under the bed. "I thought that everything was okay."

--------------------

"You said that he can find you no matter where you are?" Runi said, his uncertainty making it sound like a question. "Even though as a human he can neither track scents or pinpoint energy. Has SPAC developed some kind of tracking method? Such as a small device and another one that can find it?"
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Tory actually laughed at Runis comment. "There are more ways to track people than with just scents and energy. I don't know how it works exactly, but here's my logic. Even after all the deaths today, the rebellion is still a fairly large group. Footprints, broken twigs and other signs of life will be easy to see. My dad might be human but he's not stupid. Humans aren't as useless as what you people think either."

--------------------------------------------------

Everything is okay, Akaelin insisted. Carson's just crazy, I swear. He likes sticking people with needles. I think he gets off on it.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:10 pm

"Not very large anymore," Runi commented, remembering the meager amount of people that were able to escape the destruction. "And lots of people travel on the roads."

--------------------------

"Sure, sure," Nathifa said before slithering under the bed with the agility of a snake. She grabbed Akaelin and pinned him down, calling out to Carson. "I got him! But in exchange you have to tell me what's wrong with him."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:19 pm

"Ah, but did they travel on the roads?" Tory asked slyly, "Or did they slither, secretively through the trees? When I got here, I noticed that this place is far away from any sort of road."

--------------------------------------------------

Akaelin snarled loudly as Carson came into the room and knelt down beside the wolf, grabbing the scruff of his neck. "As long as you don't tell anyone else," he mumbled as he inserted the needle under the wolfs skin. This kind of thing was embarassing for canines, and if the bears found out they would never let him live it down.

Had Nathifa been anyone else - even Kitai - he would've chewed their hand off and made his getaway. Instead, he was forced to lay there and endure the mental - not so much physical - trauma that needles gave him.

"Akaelin has hookworms," Carson said as he rose to his feet, standing back. "They hook themselves inside the intestines and suck the hosts blood voraciously. If left untreated, the blood loss can cause iron deficiency, which can then lead to mental retardation and eventually death." He turned to Akaelin as he pulled the needle out of the syringe. "There, now was that so bad?"

Akaelin replied by leaping up and clamping his jaws around Carsons leg.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:24 pm

"I guess," Runi said, still unconvinced. After all, there was no guarantee that any trail left would necessarily have been left by them.

------------------------

"Ouch, that sounds painful," Nathifa commented before her mate had bitten Carson's leg. If Akaelin had told her what was wrong she probably would have been able to fix it without the needle being necessary. "Hey! He just helped you!" She exclaimed as he bit the vet's leg. Nathifa was very much aware that Akaelin was probably a bit mad at her for holding him down, but he wouldn't have been able to bite her off like he would have done with anyone else - the least of the reasons being that his teeth wouldn't even break her skin.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 pm

"Whatever," Tory mumbled. "People can function without super smelling or special powers, but I guess you can't get off your high horse long enough to see it." She scooted her chair backwards and stormed off to the other side of the room angrily. It was then that Geary lifted her head, having been listening in on the conversation. "She gets mad easily. Gets it from our mom," the girl said with a yawn. "She don't mean nothing by it." That, and she didn't really know how to hold her tongue. Since she never had any friends, she wasn't aware that sometimes her words or actions offended others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"S'fine," Carson said through clenched teeth. He was used to getting scratched and bitten, it wasn't anything new. That was probably the only bad thing he could think of when it came to working with animals. He shook the wolf off and limped out the door, while Akaelin huffed and scampered up to the off limits third floor of Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 pm

"S'okay," Runi said. He was kind of hurt by Tory's words since he himself didn't like his godhood except when it meant that he was able to protect people or help out in some special way. Especially being a god of chaos and destruction. "I've just seen some things that make me wonder what kind of organization this SPAC is." Like Jan killing your mother and wearing her skin, he added silently.

-------------------

"Don't suppose Elain's mates are allowed up there," Nathifa muttered annoyedly to herself before following after Carson. "I can heal that for you if you like," She offered. "He doesn't like people to worry about or help him."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Found Sanctuary
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: