The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Found Sanctuary

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 pm

"I don't really pay much attention to it, and Dad doesn't talk about it a lot," Geary answered with a yawn. "I just know that it's a human thing....I think there might be some weres who work for them though. And Dads a doctor there."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Normally, yes," Carson answered. "But for you...I'd advise against it." While the Elain didn't know about Runi, and him being a god, a rumor had sprouted about Akaelins mate sleeping with another. It was an act that most of the race took offense to. "I wouldn't stop you if you tried to of course."

He shook his head at her offer to heal his leg. "Thanks, but I got it. It's not deep or anything." Carson couldn't use the raseri, having never gone through the vieras, and was wary of any kind of magic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:49 pm

"I wouldn't want you to go through any unnecessary pain, but it's your choice in the end." Nathifa said. She was aware only that most Elain that talked to her when they knew that she was Akaelin's mate didn't seem to like her very much. Although it was doubtful that he would tell her, she made a mental note to ask Akaelin about it later.

-----------------------------------------

"Why would a research organization need a doctor?" Runi wondered out loud.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:57 pm

"I never said that it was a research organization," Geary pointed out. "Look, I really don't know anything other than what I've told you." She stood up and yawned, stretching her arms up over her head. "It's dark out. I'mma gonna go to sleep now." She turned and yawned again, trudging up the stairs to claim a room.

-------------------------------------------------

"I'll be fine," Carson said calmly. "I'm used to this kind of thing, and I've been through worse. I had my right leg bitten off after I had to pull out one of Remi's teeth." He lifted the right leg of his pants, revealing a small sliver of the fake, wooden limb. He was actually rather glad that Akaelin had bitten the real leg, and hadn't splitered the fake one. One would probably wonder what Carsons leg had been doing near Remis mouth. Truthfully, it hadn't been, Remi just had sucky aim. With a slight wave, he turned and maneuvered down the steps.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 pm

After Geary was gone, Runi contemplated what he would do next. He definitely needed some sleep, but he could always get that in the oasis before his next task. He would probably be gone well into the morning, but it would be foolish to wait for another opportunity when one may not even come up. It was time to go see Anubis; he was not going to tell anyone else abut this. Not when it was something that could make a big difference in a coming war. The sacrifice would be worth the gain.

----------------------

Nathifa nodded and left to go find a room to spend the night in. She hoped that Akaelin would come join her later.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Akaelin was beyond pissed as he paced the hallways of the third floor. Yes, he was a bit ticked at Nathifa for with holding information concerning her well being from him - even though he had just basicly done the same to her - as well as for holding him down for Carson. Most of all though, he was ticked at himself. Nathifa was constantly risking her life and getting hurt, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.

There were no doors on the third floor. It was a place where the Elain could unwind and move about in their animal form. Prolonged useage of their human form was tiring, and taxing on the physical body. Akaelin could hold his for a long time, but had to shift occasionally, like a marine mammal surfacing for air. He by passed another wolf, a couple leopards and one jackal. Most of them gawked at him and snickered, probably from that rumor about Nathifa that had spread like wildfire.

-------------------------------------------------------

Great. Just. Fucking. Great.

Jan stood before the wreckage that was the rebellions village and shook his head. No doubt they had all taken off somewhere. But where? With his profession, Jan was used to tracking lone individuals, surely a group wouldn’t be any trouble. He started circling around the outskirts of the ruined village, searching for any signs of an exit. He found some broken twigs and - while it could’ve been from anything - he started in that direction. Some crinkled leaves soon rewarded him. They were too high up to have been bent and torn by a canine sized animal, and too low for anything like a squirrel or bird. The pattern of the twigs and leaves continued for awhile, moving constantly in a straight line. Akaelin must’ve been leading them. Canines always moved in a straight line - either north or south - when traveling. No one knew why, it was just something they did.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Nathifa collapsed down onto the bed, making room for Rukia and Mshai when they crawled up onto the bed with her. Whenever Akaelin wasn't around - whenever it felt like he didn't want to be around her - it felt like a part of her was missing even with her kids close to her. She sighed and pressed her head back into the pillow, closing her eyes.

-------------------

Runi exited the sanctuary to a spot that he couldn't be seen from before disappearing. Sleep could wait; it was imperative to get to the underworld sea before morning. When he reappeared the cold, salty wind from the endless ocean hit his face. He looked to the right to see the god he had been looking for standing at the entrance to the underworld. Next to the scales, Ammit regarded Runi with an only slightly uninterested gaze. A number of bones lay at her feet - the remains of those with evil souls that she had devoured so far that night.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 pm

'He couldn't please his own woman so she went and fucked someone else.'

The was the third time he had heard that comment. Snarling, he lunged for the young jackel who had made the statement, only to be stopped by Amy. The large she-bear slammed a paw down between the two canines with a warning glare at the jackel. The thing yelped, then scurried away quickly. Amys dark brown gaze softened and she turned back to the wolf. 'I know their words are hurtful, but you have to remember our law. I don't want to see you thrown out again because of your temper.'

Akaelins snarl softened to a low growl, but otherwise, he didn't respond. He turned away from the bear, his nails making clicking sounds against the wood. Part of him wanted to be alone at the moment, another part wanted to go downstairs and curl up next to Nathifa. But which was stronger? His angsty, prideful temperment, or his love for his mate?

----------------------------------------

As accident prone Rukia tried to scramble up into the bed, she didn't quite make it and fell backwards, hitting her head against the hard wood. She wimpered, and tears gathered at the corners of her eyes as she sat up and pressed her hands against the back of her head where it had made contact with the floor.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 pm

"Shh, you're okay," Nathifa said reassuringly. She picked Rukia up off of the floor and helped her back onto the bed, positioning herself so that it would be harder for her to fall again.

----------------------------

Anubis looked up from his work when Runi appeared. The soul that was sitting on the scale didn't tip it a bit, so the god of death nodded him in. Ammit huffed in annoyance and scattered her bone pile with one of her paws. "I suppose I should be happy that there hasn't been as much evil in the world for a while," she commented. "But it makes me feel superfluous."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Rukia let out a small breath as she snuggled against her mother and prepared to sleep. She lifted her head slightly when she heard the soft clicking of nails against wood. She sat up as the white and silver wolf that was her father shouldered his way into the room, then pushed the door shut with his head. The bed was rather large, but there wasn't enough room to fit the four of them comfortably, so Akaelin took a spot on the floor at the foot of the bed wordlessly. He laid down and curled into a ball, the tip of his tail resting over his nose.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 pm

"I'm sorry," Nathifa said, dangling an arm over the side of the bed. She changed forms herself and jumped down to curl up against Akaelin. The two kids would have more room this way anyway.

"So what do you want, chaos?" Ammit yawned, showing her full mouth of crocodile teeth. "Come to see if you'll still weigh less than the feather? Or did you somehow die? No, I would know if you were dead."

"I've come about Apep," Runi replied. He wasn't surprised that Anubis hadn't said a word yet, he was usually very taciturn. Ammit was the chatty one, and thoroughly enjoyed her job.

"Don't suppose you've come to apologize then. If you want to find him you'll have to swim, Ra has the only boat."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:07 pm

Akaelin had already started to drift off into sub-conciousness. Nathifas words poked and prodded themselves at the edges of his slightly fogged mind. He replied only by lifting his head, then resting it on the hyenas back, letting out a long breath. He closed his eyes as exhaustion from the days events - as well as lack of sleep from the prior two days - hit him. He moved his head again and pressed himself against the hyenas side, laying the side of his maw against what would've been her shoulder has she been in human form.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Nathifa rested her head against Akaelin too and drifted off to sleep, glad to have him by her side again

-----------------------------

Anubis paused from the list he was reading over to look up at Runi. He dug around behind him for a few minutes before retrieving a small bag and tossing it towards Ammit. She caught it in her teeth and added a bone from her pile to it, in turn flipping it to Runi.

"Good luck kid," she called after as the god approached the water. "And don't worry, if ya don't make it our doors are always open." She shook her had in disbelief and respect as the young deity jumped into the frigid water. "Only one ever fool enough to jump into a dead sea in search of a deadly serpent deity without a boat or backup." she muttered to herself and Anubis once he had gone. "I like this kid."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Akaelins right hind paw twitched as he dreamt, and he made soft, staccato wimpering noises, like most canines did. He didn't have Yokos wild imagination, so his dreams were often dull and in black and white. This dream was just as dull and unimaginative as any other that he had had. It flashed randomly from image to image so quickly that his sub-concious hardly had any time to register it. A ladder. A horses eye. Rope. A chair. The ocean. Rolling clouds. Ending with a well. It stayed on the well scene for awhile. Everything was completely still and silent, until something crawled out at least. It was spider like in its movements, jerky almost, with long wet black hair. It threw itself up out of the well and started crawling forward, its limbs thrashing like mad.

Akaelins eyes snapped open and his heart hammered in his chest. Already he had forgotten the details of his dream and what had frightened him so much.

((Akaelin can has The Ring dream? X3))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Nathifa woke up when she felt Akaelin's heartbeat and breathing speed up. Her sleep lately had been completely filled with darkness, void of any dreams. Unusually, that was what normally happened when she was worried about something. Most people had the opposite reaction. She nudged her mate softly with her nose

------------------------------------

A good number of hours later a form dragged itself up onto the beach at the shore of the underworld sea with one hand. Anubia was weighing another soul that had come in, but Ammit left her post to grab the kid by the hem of his pants since he wasn't wearing a shirt. She noticed that he cradled his right hand gently, but there were no other signs of damage.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 pm

'M'fine,' Akaelin said lazily, lifting his head slightly to peer in on the two children through half closed eyes. Rukia had snatched most of the blankets away from Mshai, who was spread out, taking up most of the bed space. He let out a small sigh and laid his head back down on the floor, drifting off once more to sleep.

((As soon as you're finished with your thing with Runi, we'll skip ahead to the next morning.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 pm

((He's done, probably going to appear back at the sanctuary after catching some sleep at the oasis))

((Thus, shortpost!))

Nathifa pressed herself closer to Akaelin and fell back asleep, ignoring the sounds of the person snoring in the room next to them.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 pm

((Next morning then! ^o^))

"DADDY!!!!!!"

Akaelin awoke suddenly, his head snapping upward at the shrill squeal. He stretched a muscle in his neck, immediately regretting the quick action. He rose to his paws and stretched in a cat-like manner. He shouldered the door open again and peered down over the railing. Geary was already up apparently, and Jan must've arrived sometime during the night. She had her arms wrapped around his waist, but Tory was nowhere to be found. At the moment, he seriously wanted to tear out Gearys vocal chords for waking him up. While Akaelin was normally grumpy, he was particularly irritable in the mornings.

((And while they're waking up, I'm going to bed! See ya later.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Nathifa rubbed her paws over her face to clear the blurriness out of her eyes as Geary's squeal woke her up. As she stood up she pushed off her front legs, shifting to human form as she went so she was standing upright. "Good morning," she greeted Akaelin, though his morning was starting out far from it.

Runi stumbled into the sanctuary, still half asleep. His right arm was bandaged and in a light sling, one that would probably be unnecessary in a few hours. He saw that Jan had found them at the Sanctuary, a fact that didn't particularly please him.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am

Derak slowly picked up his head from the table that he had passed out at, "Well... This seems fimiliar..." He sighed to himself as he slowly sat up. "But at least this time I have my money..." Derak pulled out exact currency and put it on the bar and waited for someone to pick it up. He rubbed his eyes a little and looked about the inn. Then, seeing a figure stumble into the sanctuary, apperently hurt, Derak approched. "Is there something I can help you with? Your arm looks hurt, I know quite a bit about healing."
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:18 am

Runi shook his head, wincing a bit as the action jostled his arm. "It can't be healed," he said. "But the pain will go away in a while. Thank you for the offer."

((Hey Tuba, wanna hang out today? You disappeared last night before I could talk to you))
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 am

((lol, sure flag girl, sorry I had to leave so early, I saw the clouds and I still got soaked on my way home rofl Razz))

"Ah... Well... If there is anything you need help with I am if not the most qualified person here one of them... So don't be afraid to ask me if you need assistance with anything!" Derak said, smiling
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:33 am

((Oh yeah that's right, you bike. Muahaha! Fear me for I have my license!))

"No, no help," Runi reassured the man. He was busy wondering how he was going to explain his injury to his mother or Akaelin
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

((I'll hvae my licence soon... I'll still probably bike, spend less money on fule Razz))

"Ok... if you're sure..." Derak said, examining the arm a little bit "Oh! Where are my mannars?! My name is Derak, Derak Thunderhammer." Derak bowed a little politely
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 am

(( so whaddya wanna do today?))

"Er, I'm Runihura," Runi answered. He was feeling a little uneasy since this man was addressing a kid so formally. He was glad that Derak hadn't tried taking the bandages off. He wouldn't understand it, but Nathifa might and Set definitely would.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 am

((lol, I donno... I'm pretty much open all day Razz))

"It is very good to meet you Runihura." Derak said, "So... are you looking for someone? I could maybe point you in the right direction..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Found Sanctuary
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: