The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Found Sanctuary

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:53 am

((We could just have a day of awesome randomness))

"Actually, I'm trying to avoid someone," Runi said, throwing a cautious glance toward the stairs. "My mother is definitely going to ask how I got hurt. I don't usually get hurt."
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 am

Derak laughed, "Well, I don't know this place very well... but I'm pretty sure there are a couple good hiding spots... Although you'll probably have to face your mother eventually"
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:58 am

"She's the only other person besides my brother that can get into my one good hiding place actually," Runi said. "But she'll probably wait to ask what happened until we're alone." At that moment Nathifa came down the stairs, eyes widening as she saw Runi's arm.

((so what time?))
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:01 am

((I donno, 1 would work best for me personally, what do you want to do?))

"Is that your mom...?" Derak asked softly to Runi so Nathifa couldn't hear him
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 am

"Yes, I'm his mother," Nathifa said. Humans had such weird concepts of what others were able to hear or not.

((I'll call you in maybe about an hour, apparently my pristine closet is due for some cleaning))
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 am

((lol, ok, do you know my number?))

"Ah! It is good to see you again Nathifa...?" He said the name questioningly, as thought he wasn't sure if it was her real name
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am

Akaelin padded down the stairs, still in wolf form. Gearys squeal hadn't awakened either Rukia or Mshai, so he thought it best to just let them be. He saw Runis bandaged arm and his ears swivled forward in curiosity. Either he had just gotten the wound recently, and it had yet to heal, or he had recieved it sometime during the night and it was too severe to be healed quickly. He had heard Deraks comment about knowing healing, and how he thought he was one of the best there. Akaelin had resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He really wanted to ask the norseman what he was still doing here with the rebellion, and that he was a stain to both the human race and the entire animal kingdom. But he didn't really feel like it at the moment. Mornings had a way of silencing him for a few hours. Though he was also wondering how Jan managed to find them.

-----------------------------------------------

"Where's Tory?" Jan asked Geary as she wrapped her tiny hand in his. "I wanted to make sure I got back today." Gearys eyes brightened and a wide smile spread across her features. "Ohh yeeeeaaahh!" she gasped. Today was quite a special day. "She's still sleeping," Geary added suddenly. "Well how about we go fix that?" Jan asked, hoisting Geary up over his shoulder. The girl squealed with delight and wiggled, trying to free herself of ther fathers grip as he made his way up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Nathifa narrowed her eyes at the human. "Sorry that I can't say the same to you," she said. Then she turned to Runi. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Would you believe that I fell down the stairs?" Runi asked innocently

"Obviously not."

"Okay okay, Ammit bit me." Which was technically true since she had grabbed his pants in her mouth.

"Why were you at the gate of the underworld?"

"Anubis is my uncle."
Back to top Go down
lesronheart

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Feels just like home, to me. Sarian thought. There was an aura around her that made her feel so much more... calm. She shifted to her first form, her hawk form. Ah, that felt so much better. A certain wolf caught her eye.
"Akaelin?" She asked the wolf.

Faorn had settled down in a chair, listening to the noise of talking, gossip, and maybe drunk people yelling, or something like that. Davyn had made his way to the bar. Faorn sighed, and came up behind him before he could order a drink, "You may look like it, but you're not old enough to drink. Your mother and father wouldn't approve." Faorn told him.

Davyn gave Faorn a sideways glance. "'You're mother and father'? Their your biological parents, Faorn."
"So? Sarian is my mother now, my guardian, more like." Faorn responded curtly.

Davyn sighed, and walked away from the bar, Faorn following him, "Somehow, you just seem to dissuade me in all things I want to try out."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Akaelin lifted his head at the sight of the familiar red-tailed hawk. He acknowledged her presence, but otherwise didn't say anything. If she wanted something, she'd probably say it anyways.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jan entered through the open door to the room that Tory and Geary had spent the night in. The older girl was asleep in her bed, the blankets tangled up around her small feet. Geary hushed herself, at least until her father lifted her up and threw her down on the bed. She squealed as the bed shook, waking her sister. Tory shot up in bed, suddenly alarmed. She calmed a bit though when she saw Jan standing over her. “When’doo ge’ back?” she asked, her words slurred from sleep. Jan leaned down and kissed her forehead, ruffling the fake strands of her hair. “Not too long ago,” he admitted. Tory could tell judging by the dark circles under his eyes - he probably hadn’t gotten any sleep last night. “But that’s not really important,” he added. “Today’s a special day, you know. Only comes once a year.” Tory groaned and hung her head. “Do we have to?” she huffed, folding her hands in her lap. “It’s your birthday, so yes,” Jan replied.

Tory hated birthdays. To her, it just meant another year closer to her inevitable departure. Her dad seemed to like making them special for both her and Geary though. Perhaps she could try and act a little civil, at least to make him happy. “Get ready and meet me downstairs,” he finished, getting up and leaving the room.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:17 am

((I won't be on today. Going to a Green Day concert. ^o^))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:40 am

((grr, lucky. I'm going to an amusement park so I won't be on either......HA))

Nathifa just sighed. "Be careful next time, okay?" she asked Runi. "Ammit gets offended easily even though she does like you." Runi felt himself relax as the rage he was anticipating never materialized. Perhaps it was because he found a suitible explanation for a wound that would have to heal on its own time. He wondered what he would do about it once it was healed and how he would hide it when the bandages would have to come off. His attention was diverted shortly after however by hearing that it was Tory's birthday. How old is she? Eight? Or nine now? When am I going to stop aging? Runi remembered how Tory didn't like the idea of him being her friend when he looked twentyish and she was still physically a kid; he made a resolve to try to stop growing so fast. "How old is Tory?" he asked Jan when he came back down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am

((XD Have fun!))

"Nine," Jan answered absent-mindedly. He was a bit distracted at the moment. He needed to get Tory something for her birthday. It wasn't that he had forgotten, but his gift had been destroyed. Apparently one of the Horseman decided to toast his house on the way down to the rebellions village. But what did she like? He hadn't seen her for so long he couldn't remember anymore. He knew she wasn't into all the girlish things that Geary liked. Ponies and new clothes, hair accessories.

"Hi Jan."

Jan shuddered at the familiar voice. The irony was too good. He turned to face a woman probably in her early thirties. Her hair was black, but gave off a blue-ish hue when the light hit it. She was smaller than him, maybe by about four inches, with eyes that were such an icy shade of blue that they were almost creepy. But then again, with glass eyes you could have any color you wanted.

That didn't really matter though. This woman was about to become Torys birthday present.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Runi suddenly remembered the human custom of giving presents when it was one's birthday. He briefly considered making Tory something artistic, like a sculpted metal bird, but she didn't seem like the type of girl that would appreciate something like that. It would be impractical for traveling because of its weight and all it was good for would be sitting around; Tory would probably call it another flaunt of his power. He retreated outside, gathering an old broken chain and a branch that he found outside. Runi had no idea how to forge a blade in a normal way, so he was forced to use his power to create a crude blade with a temporary handle. He then used it to whittle the branch into a small, rough wooden shape that had an empty slit with a joint to fit a slip of metal. For one last time he was forced to use his power to slip the blade into the carved slot. Runi tested opening and closing a couple times, adding another joint to attach a metal part to keep it from flipping open without the user's consent. It seemed to him a good gift for Tory: partly handmade and hopefully of some use.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:37 pm

((I just got back. The concert was AMAZING!!! My ears are ringing. XD I'll talk about it tomorrow after work. Right now I just want to make a quick post and then go to bed. :3))

Tory came out of her temporary room just moments after Jan had hidden the woman who had approached him inside a small broom closet. Though he didn't know her as well as Amilie had, he didn't think she'd really mind.

The younger girl came downstairs and yawned. A couple of her buttons were misarranged and in her tired state, she hadn't noticed. Jan stopped her at the base of the stairs and bent down to fix them. She pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose, but otherwise didn't say anything. "You know you should probably apologize to Runi," Geary whispered none too softly to her sister. "Why?" Tory asked simply, glancing sideways at Geary. "Cause you were really mean last night." Tory scoffed and rolled her eyes in response. "Mean? Tha'...wasn't mean," she said, another yawn inturrupting her speech. "Ah leas' not by my stan'nards."
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:39 pm

((damn you, all I got was sex hair from the wind XD It was fun though))

Runi absentmindedly flipped the knife open and closed a few times to make sure that it worked well before opening the door before entering the sanctuary. He immediately hid the knife behind his back when he saw that Tory was now downstairs. "Er, sorry. Can't let you see your birthday present," he mumbled apologetically.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 am

((XD I got mooned by Billie Joe. ^o^))

Tory actually looked surprised at Runis statement. She was basicly trying everything in her power to drive him away, and still he insisted? It was like either he wasn't going to give up, or he had brain damage. She noticed his bandaged arm, and started to lean more towards the brain damage. She raised an eyebrow, her facial expression pretty much saying, 'what the hell did you do?'.

"Hey, Akaelin?"

Akaelin grumbled as another person came up to talk to him. Couldn't they see that it was still morning? He looked up as one of the Peilter quadruplets approached him. They all looked the same and dressed the same just to frustrate people, but normally all you had to do was yell out Quad and they all came rushing over. "Hey...there was a wolf that arrived with your group and... He's kinda freakin' people out. He pointed to a wolf that was colored in various shades of brown with light gray eyes, sitting in a corner. "He's been sitting there like that since you came here. If he didn't blink, I'd think he was a statue. He just....stares."

'That's just Cael,' Akaelin said. 'He's messed up in the head. Best to just leave him be. But if he's really bothering people but just sitting there, take it up with Arlyn, not me.' Akaelin did agree with the guy that Cael was vastly creepy though. He always wore this blank, emotionless stare and you couldn't help but wonder what was going on in that messed up little mind of his.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 am

((lol, sorry... busy day yesterday, I literally had no time to get on))

Derak was a little taken aback at Nathifa's comment, but decided againsed starting an argument, after seeing that this was a family matter, he decided to go outside of the tavern and have a smoke on his pipe
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 am

"I'll explain later," Runi said in response to the look that Tory gave him. He made sure that his arm was out of the views of both Nathifa and Akaelin before rolling back the bandages a bit to show her his arm. On the skin beneath the bandages and blood there was a series of hieroglyphics that looked like they had been half carved and half burned into his dark skin. He made sure to keep the knife he made for her out of sight in his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 am

"Uh....huh," Tory mumbled, giving Runi a strange look. If the kid wanted to go out and mutilate himself, then by all means she wasn't about to stop him.

"Ooo...what are wall all looking at?" Geary asked, trying to peek over Torys shoulder. "Pictures of you naked," Tory replied simply. Gearys jaw dropped and she folded her arms across her chest. "You're really mean, you know that?" she grumbled. Tory spun around and flipped her hair in a mocking, preppy sort of way. "I know," she cooed. "Ain't I just a little stinker?"

Akaelin felt someone pulling on his tail. Expecting Rukia, he turned around ready to pounce, when instead, he met Jan. "I need a bit of help," the older human said. Akaelin growled and shifted back to his human form. "Why does everyone keep talking to me?" he complained as Jan straightened himself. "Seriously, I'm not that interesting."

Jan grabbed Akaelin by the collar of his shirt and drug him back into the kitchen. Normally, Akaelin would've resisted, but he was too iritable to bother wasting the energy.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Runi saw the strange look and sighed. It was clear that Tory thought that he had done this to himself instead of only having to hold still as a venomous fang carved them into him; traces of fever from the poison still lingered. "If you'll excuse me for a bit," he said as he saw Jan drag Akaelin into the kitchen. Practice making perfect, Runi didn't even have to speak aloud to invoke his power to bend light around him as he followed. After seeing what Jan did to Amilie, he didn't trust him alone with anyone.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

"Do you know how to cook?"

Akaelin blinked a couple times at Jans question before speaking. "What the fuck," he said as more of a statement. "Why?"

"Because I'll burn Sanctuary to the ground," Jan replied. "So why are you asking me?" The wolf asked. "Because from what I know you seem to come from a rather cultural family. Yoko was an artist, Arlyn a musician, I figured you have to know how to do something."

Akaelin ground his teeth together a moment before he backhanded Jan across the face. Momentarily stunned, it was all the human could do to stay on his feet. "What the hell was that for?" Jan gasped, and Akaelin merely shrugged. "For making me your cooking bitch. Get your ass over here and help me out."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

((I can't stay on. Gotta go to work. I'll be back at around 10 - 10:30 my time.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Runi let out a little sigh of relief and returned to the main room fully visible again. He saw that his mother had left the room so it was safe to talk about his injuries again. "I'm not going to tell you what they mean, but I didn't do them to myself." he told Tory. "It's just a bit more binding than a written document."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:29 pm

"Oh my. Please Runi, I want to be in on the super top secret," Tory replied sarcasticly. She didn't give two shits about what the markings meant. "I just wonder what kind of binding contract a kid your age would have to make." Seriously, he was like....1/2 a year old. God or not, he was still a kid. What is it that he wanted so bad? A new swing set?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Found Sanctuary   A New Found Sanctuary - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Found Sanctuary
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: