A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ignorance is Bliss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Hel swung back and forth in her hammock, humming under her breath. The vines delicately entangled themselves down from the ceiling to support her meager weight while she watched her rider though the grapefruit sized orb in her hand. A sfora was always useful to have, even if it did have its down falls. You could only scry people you knew, and only if they were in a place that you have been. But Hel had been almost everywhere the mind could think of, so she almost didn’t have to worry in that department. Almost.

“What are you doing.”

Hel didn’t respond as she heard her older brothers deep voice loom over her. She merely continued her haunting melody until the World Serpent gave up, knowing better than to ask any questions as far as his sister was concerned, and walked away.

((Ugh. Short post is short.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Krigon

PostSubject: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:51 pm

"Dude, when are you going to talk?!?! I've been following your stinky ass around for three days, and you still won't tell me who you are! Jeeze, for some great warrior, you sure don't drink much. I can't believe you don't know how to play Texas Hold 'Em, what kind of lame-o are you? Do you think we can stop at-"

Krigon gritted his teeth in severe annoyance, but kept his mouth clamped shut. She hadn't been that bad at first, but apparently got bored with just walking with him, and so tried to start a conversation. This little plan had crashed around her ears when Krigon absolutely refused to utter a single word, and so she continued to talk at him...and talk...and talk...and talk...his patience was beginning to run a bit thin.

Despite her strain on his sanity, she had a use. She had displayed her sharp shooting skills with an accuracy that rivaled even his mastery, and he couldn't afford anymore rivals. It was lucky that she seemed to have taken an interest in him, but at the moment he was concentrating on finding the only man he answered to, Jorman-whatsits.

He was walking through a forest, following an instinct that he wasn't sure he should trust, when the trail opened, and the largest tree he had ever seen in all of his lives. He felt elated; what would he find here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Hel stopped her peeping, guessing what was about to happen next and rose up from her hammock, hearing chatter from down below. She strode over to one of the windows, peering down at War and…some girl? What business did he have bringing some mortal girl to Yggdrasil? In a fury, she vanished in a whirl of black smoke, and reappeared in the same fashion in front of the much larger man. “Krigon…honey,” she said in a poisoned honey tone, clasping her hands in front of her. “Unless you plan on turning this girl into your little fuck toy, I’d really like to know what she’s doing here.” She would’ve lifted her hand to pinch his cheek, but didn’t think that she’d be able to reach.

She sighed lightly and shook her head. "I fear my brother has yet to teach you our rules. Shame of him really. He gives no attention to detail."
Back to top Go down
Krigon

PostSubject: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:07 pm

((Why is the title of this 'Ignorance is Bliss'? Is that a shot at me? Bitch, imma get out the problem stick!))

"Fuck toy!" shouted Diadal with mixed elation and insult. She hated blondes, but by the way the big guy wasn't already slicing her in half for they way that woman was talking to him, she quickly assumed that she wasn't anyone to mess with...actually, Diadal kind of liked her style, and to have such power and balls to talk to the big guy like he was a child, this must be a woman with some punch!

'I wonder if she likes boozing?' Diadal wondered to herself. She then looked at the man she'd been following. 'So his name is Krigon, hmm?'

"I would have thought you wanted me to start building an army, seeing as your brother still hasn't given me one. She can shoot the wing off of a fly 500 yards away, she'll make herself useful enough." Krigon answered, looking down at the goddess with mixed trepidation and annoyance at having to answer to her as well as Jorman-whoseits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:17 pm

((It’s not directed at you, love. I just couldn’t think of a decent title, and that was the first thing that came to my mind. Bring out the problem stick anyways! I can take it.))

“Honey, you’ve only been here for a wee while,” Hel pointed out. “It’s not like we can make an army appear out of nowhere. And there’s very few who want to fight for us since you know…the whole world destroying thing and all.” She sighed and gave a small shrug. “Even false promises of gifts and immortality don’t seem to work on people these days. I miss the older times when people were so much more gullible. To turn water in to wine, all you had to do was get them to turn around long enough for you to switch pitchers. But sadly those days are gone, and I’m prattling on like Saga.”

“You just make sure you’re little play mate doesn’t wander off now, or I’ll have to skin her and use her as a table cloth, m’kay?” Hel said cheerfully, patting Krigons forearm. It was about the only thing she could reach on his tall hulking frame.
Back to top Go down
Krigon

PostSubject: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:31 pm

((oh....well, no, I already used the problem stick a couple times today, it could use a break))

Krigon nodded his head, and turned to the woman beside him.

"Will you be a general in the army I plan on building? It will bring about the destruction of this world, and everything you know. And you will be known as the...first person to join it." Krigon told her, deciding at the last minute to not call her the greatest general, because more likely than not, he would find someone better, with a little less air in their head.

Diadal grinned maniacally and nodded her ascent.

"See? You just have to find the right kind of people." Krigon snuck a glance at Diadal. "Crazy. Now, do you have anything I need to do around here, or is Jor-thingy slithering around here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:35 pm

"Oh he's probably slithering somewhere around the lower roots, love," Hel replied with a laugh as fake as a hyenas. "Have fun with your little girlfriend. Just no baby making. I don't approve of riders and baby making. Actually, I don't approve of baby making period. Whiny, nastly little things they are." It was plain to see that Hel had no children of her own, and wasn't planning on any in the next several thousand years.

((Ugh. Muse. Dying. TT^TT))
Back to top Go down
Krigon

PostSubject: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Krigon grumbled his assent; "No baby-making." he shuddered.

Diadal pouted for a minute, and then perked up, remembering that she would be a general in the army of the underworld.

((I'm hungry and tired, sorry. I think I'll pack it in for the night, I'll be on tomorrow, okay?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 pm

((Sure. I'll edit this into a post later.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss   

Back to top Go down

Ignorance is Bliss
Page 1 of 1