A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:01 am

((XD Kitai with a little contortionist Verin kid))

"I won't be able to fight anyway," Kitai said. "So I guess that counts me in for the traveling group." She hoped the time that she would have to retreat to Chalca wouldn't be arriving anytime soon. Even though she would be more of a liability than an asset at that point, she stil felt like she would be deserting the rest of the Rebellion. If any of them died, she would feel like she was partially responsible

"Before we head on then," Relan spoke up, "Perhaps you could use the tunnels under Kanten as a base. The only problem is the people who stayed behind. The ones left in the village aren't fighters, but they would sell the base out if they thought it would prevent the slaughter of the town. And even though they tried to sacrifice me, I don't want to kill them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:10 am

((Why would Kitai feel partially responsible if someone died? She didn't reproduce a-sexually. It's Yokos fault!
Yoko: Not my fault! TT^TT Rabbits fault!
Me: Nah. It's your fault.
Yoko: *slinks off into a corner*))

"Or you could spend time reinforcing weapons and armor and making new ones," Akaelin suggested.

"I have a question though. I thought the tunnels were destroyed when the League flushed us out with that fire in the previous war," he said to Relan. "Or were they refurnished? If they were, do you suppose there's anywhere we could get in and operate undetected? If it's too much trouble for what its worth, we can always figure out something else."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:15 am

((It's just the way her mind works XD She'll be like going crazy every minute she's away from the Rebellion))

"I guess that would be more productive," Kitai agreed, wondering why she didn't think of it herself.

"The walls are a little scorched, but thankfully it's hard for a fire to burn long in underground tunnels carved out of stone," Relan said. "But it is for the most part still intact. As for getting in, there is the vent that lets the smoke out through the 'hot springs'. That was our method for concealing our presence while down there. The exit that was attacked by Lycaon caved in, so once a couple people got inside the tunnels through the hot springs they could clear the rubble and recreate the entrance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:20 am

"We'll need to have guards stationed 24/7," Akaelin mumbled to himself as he thought. " 'case the villagers find out. Warning system. Hmm.....already have that. ......Will need that." He weighed the options in his mind, occasionally mumbling a word or two out loud. Pros against cons, however, the pros won out. "Alright, we'll use your tunnels then. However, will the recruiting groups be able to sneak out and sneak back in with possibly more people alright?" If it was going to be almost impossible, then the tunnels wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:26 am

"The hot springs isn't far from the tunnel entrance I was talking about," Relan said. "The top soil is soft near there. If you dig another tunnel through dirt from a forest or something with it coming up to the surface or connecting with the other tunnel, the you could get more groups of people in unnoticed. But first we'll have to figure out who can get in through the hot springs. You don't happen to have any weres in your group that are good underwater, do you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:36 am

"We have a couple," Akaelin said. "But they're not directly under my command." He cast a sideways glance at the two leviathins, Inali and Draven. Draven seemed nervous to the point where he was ready to bolt. Inali was on all fours on the ground, her face just inches away from a blade of grass. "Hello Mr. Caterpiller! I'mma name you Dolores! Dolores is a girls name, but I don't think you'll mind, will you?" She paused for a few seconds. "Nah, I knew you wouldn't."

Suddenly, a dark brown shoe placed itself right on top of the sea serpents caterpillar friend. Inali looked up to see an agitated looking guy whos name she didn't know. "You killed Dolores!" she cried. "You'll find a new Dolores," Akaelin mumbled angrily. As far as he was concerned, both of the leviathans were a couple of freaks, but they would do. He pointed over to Relan, still mounted on Kitais horse. "He needs help."

Inalis jade green eyes sparkled, Dolores completely forgotten. "OoOoOoOoooo!!! I like helping!" she said happily, dashing over to Relan. She stopped just centimeters away from the horse. "What'cha need mister! I don't like the word mister. I'mma call ya Bridgit. Bridgit....von....Hammersmark. Yes that'll do nicely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:40 am

"Er, um, you can call me Relan," Relan said, blinking his one eye in surprise at the overenergetic leviathan." He dismounted the horse, cautiously testing his weight on his legs, so he would be able to take Inali to the hot springs. "We need someone to get through an underwater vent into a series of tunnels and then clear the blocked entrance. Can you do that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:46 am

"Hmmmmmm... I dunno Bridgit," Inali replied. Apparently either she hadn't been listening to Relans first sentence, or she just didn't care. "I'm a likkle wimpy wimpy."

"OHH DRAAAAVENNN!!!!" She turned around and started to advance on the other. "Don't touch me," Draven warned, backing up a few steps. Once more Inali didn't listen. She dashed forward and wrapped her arms around Dravens waist, making a strange noise that was a combonation of a purr and a squeal of delight. "Draaavenn, you'a do this job for me, m'kay?"

"Stop touching me stop touching me stop touching me!" Draven snapped. His legs dropped out from underneath him, and both he and Inali fell to the ground. Inali rolled around giggling, while Draven quickly got to his feet, backing away from the white haired girl.

"Wanna go clear an entrance?" Akaelin asked. "It'll get you away from her."

"Just tell me where the hell this entrance is," Draven said in a rush. Akaelin relayed the information, and Draven left eagerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:53 am

"Well, now that that's taken care of," Relan said. "We will probably need a party to start digging another tunnel from a forest to meet up with that entrance that will be getting cleared. It will just be dirt at first, but it will become rock as you get closer to the collapsed one. If the people digging the tunnel are ones staying behind then you could start moving on to gather more forces."

Jetta stepped forward from the crowd. The sharp claws and edged feathers of her awakened form would easily be able to do away with any dirt, and ice could crack through the rock. "I will be able to create the tunnel by myself," she said. "I will be able to catch up with you after I dig it. In awakened form my flight can surpass the speed of sound. Even if the digging were to take a few days I could catch up the same day that I finish."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:02 am

There was so much chaos in this collapsed entrance. Underneath the water, the leviathan simply stared at the rocks for what felt like hours, and possibly could've been. His heart raced and his mind was a whirlwind of scattered thoughts. So much disorder. He started to count all the rocks. Numbers were like a comfort to him. It was just one right after the other. So orderly. He waited until he had counted them at least three times, then started to move them. He started with the rock he had labled one, pushing it over with his scaly black head. Next came rock number two. He pushed them over in neat little piles. Rock number three would've been easier to move if he cleared away rock number seven first, but he couldn't go out of order. It was too chaotic.

Three, four, five, six, seven, eight...

He cleared away each rock one by one, moving odd numbers to the left side, and even numbers to the right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guess we're headed to Nara then," Akaelin said, letting out a small breath. He would only take about five people or so into the actual village itself. It was immensely unstable and one of the most unsafe places to live anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:10 am

"Well, okay," Relan said in surprise, still getting used to the fact that Jetta wasn't a mindless murdering monster. "I guess just find a nice forest or something then."

Jetta nodded and jumped into the air as an owl, heading for the nearest thick grove of trees about 20 miles away. It seemed a sufficient distance away from the real entrance so as for whoever was watching them not to make a connection. She changed forms when she reached a big boulder. Jetta pushed the giant rock out of the way and dug into the ground with her talons and wings, stopping the downward descent of the tunnel when it was about ten feet under the surface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:18 am

"So where is Nara?" Syn asked absentmindedly. "East," Akaelin replied simply. Syn weighed this in his head for a moment before speaking again. "Vague much. Where east?"

"East, east," Akaelin added, then decided to be nice. "It's built over top an old swamp. The air there is so moist that everything metal rusts in a matter of weeks. The catfish grew to the size of sharks, with sharp teeth, and have a taste for flesh."

"Now you're just trying to scare me," Syn huffed.

"Oh no, it's true," Akaelin protested. "Nara used to ship its dead out into the swamp itself. Over the course of many years, the catfish evovled and aquired this kind of taste. They're called leopardfish now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
lesronheart



Posts : 58
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 24
Location : Giderah??!?

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Faorn leaned over and spoke into Syn's ear.

"Le' Gasp!" She whispered with fake awe, "Our leader didn't tell you to go away or to die in deep, dark hole! Akaelin must be having one of his good days. Nara, here we come!"

Faorn whistled a wavering tune which was very much off-key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:05 am

((my school's homecoming dance was last night, I went with Faorn's older brother XD))

"Oh, just bloody great," Relan muttered. "Man-eating catfish, what's next?"

"What's in Nara?" Kitai asked. She didn't know about the note that Yoko had left behind for Akaelin in her room. "If it's just for recruitment there's a lot of villages that are closer than Nara that we could try."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
lesronheart



Posts : 58
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 24
Location : Giderah??!?

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:45 pm

"Leopard fish, huh?" Davyn said, as always, right next to Faorn. "Leopard fish... what's next? Wolf-fish? Draconic-fish? What were these villagers thinking? Why don't they just busy their dead in the ground, like any reasonable person?"

"Probably to them, they think we're crazy." Sarian told Davyn, perched on his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:42 am

"Swamp gas and magic mushrooms," Akaelin replied, snickering at Relans comment. There weren't actually any magic mushrooms, but the little ones did taste rather good. "We umm...got a little tip from Gary-Stu that someone in Nara might be able to help us."

"Who's Gary-Stu?" Vane asked, sensing a bit of a lie on Akaelins part. The cheetah figured that Gary-Stu stood for someone the Rebellion actually knew.

Akaelin refused to answer. To most of the Rebellion, Yoko was their enemy, not a lost friend. So if they learned that he had gotten the tip from the fox, they would most likely react with hostility. "It is not in your best interest to question me, Vane," Akaelin said darkly, casting the cheetah a sideways glance that silenced him completely.

"And Davyn, Nara is built overtop a swamp. There is no group to bury the dead under."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Relan wrinkled his nose at the thought of the foul-smelling gas. His preferred place was in trees on solid ground

Kitai's eyes widened a bit inquisitively as Akaelin mentioned a 'Gary-Stu' then silenced Vane when he tried to ask about the identity of the person who gave them a tip. They hadn't run into anyone on their journey to Kanten and Kitai knew that Akaelin didn't speak spanish, so the tip must have come from someone who wasn't among them right now. She had slept soundly for the rest of the night when she and Yoko were done - was it possible that he had given Akaelin information while she slept? Kitai cocked her head a very little and nonchalantly placed a hand over her stomach to ask. Even if another member of thegroup picked that up, not very many knew who the father of her children was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

While Akaelin saw the werewolfs gesture, he did not respond to it. There was no blink of his eyes, no nod of his head, nothing to give away the fact that Kitai had guessed correctly. It had been Yoko who had given him the tip. In the back of his mind, he still wasn’t quite sure if he trusted that tip. For all he knew, Yoko could be leading them into a trap. Yes, he did suspect the fox of that kind of thing. Akaelins last impression of a sane Yoko had not been a good one. However, he left Kitai to her assumptions, for they were correct after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Kitai gave Akaelin a look that plainly scoffed at his mistrust. Akaelin could doubt his brother all he wanted, but Kitai knew that Yoko was her best friend, if not quite a bit more than that. There was no way he would set the Rebellion up to go into a trap if he knew that she would be with them, even if Hel was making him do something like that. If it was a trap he would also have found a way to let them know that it was so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Akaelin returned Kitais skeptic look with one of his own. It was true, perhaps Yoko had changed since Akaelin had last had a sane conversation with him. Then again, maybe he hadn't. Would Kitai still care for the fox if she knew? Honestly, Akaelin had no idea. Kitai seemed to trust too easily, even readily accepting Quill of all people.

Needless to say, Kitais opinions of his brother weren't really important right now. The wolf could only hope that whatever was in Nara would be a good deal amount of help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

"I'm coming," Kitai said firmly. "At least for this trip." Her tone of voice made it clear that there would be no arguing with her. It was selfish, seeing the number of people that would need weapons or armor repaired or made. But from what she remembered, Kanten had a smith that lived reclusively in the tunnels even when they weren't needed. He would have to take care of the people with need for metal for now.

"If she's going, I'm going," Arakil said, having overheard. Even though Kitai could probably kick his butt when in normal condition, he was very determined to do all he could to protect her after finding out that she had been alive all along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Akaelin gave Kitai a look that said, 'no you aren't', even though he never directly told her that she couldn't come. "I'm only taking five people to Nara, six if I decide to push it. It's a very small place, about a fourth of what our old village used to be. It's built with rotting wood over a swamp that contains man-eating catfish. Arlyn is taking the rest of the group to see if we can find any more nearby help while the tunnels are being finished. I'd suggest you go with them." Akaelins tone clearly said that the issue wasn't up for debate, though he was fairly certain that Kitai would argue if she wanted to go badly enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Kitai opened her mouth to say something, but seemed to think better of it. She turned away and clenched her fists in a frustrated way. Even though now that she was pregnant with them there was nothing she wanted more than to have Yoko's children, but it made her so useless within the group. She wished for the time when she could no longer stay with them so she didn't feel like she would just get in the way of things

"If I go with you and we disperse Sykino's pack among the two other groups," Nathifa said. "Then I can establlish a telepathic connection with each of them and can transport myself there quickly if there is an attack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1051
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26
Location : In ur post, editin' ur txt

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 pm

((Is Nathifa talking to Akaelin or Kitai?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 pm

((well, he was talking to Kitai, but Nathifa is determined to go with his group no matter what, and making it so he can't complain.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   

Back to top Go down
 
Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms
Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CA affirms ruling allowing DND to rebid P1-B arms procurement
» A Nuclear Device was Detonated off the Coast of Charleston Harbor
» Michael savage Obama is purging the US military to make it possible for a nuclear attack on America just as North Korea Threatens ‘All-Out War’ Against U.S. Mainland
» German WW2 Nuclear Research
» New $100 Bill Decrypted - Nuclear Devastation!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: