A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lance - Acceptance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lance

PostSubject: Lance - Acceptance   Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm not quite sure if there is where this is supposed to go, but this is the only place I could find. I don't really have a specific person who I need to accept me, whoever is fine. Obviously I'm looking for acceptance into the Rebellion, and I suppose the only relevant information that I can imagine would be useful here would be a link to my profile?

Link~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:23 pm

You need to start your own little thread here to see how you interact with other characters and whatnot. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm

OoC: So just start RPing? Okay then.

Sunlight filled the scenery as the sound of horse shoes tapping against the ground filled the air. A soft breeze rustled nearby tree leaves, making a constant white noise. Two living beings made their way on a path that led to a distant town. A man and his trusty steed, sort of. He actually rode on top of a wagon in the back which carried most of his traveling supplies and whatever else was necessary for a traveling merchant to have on him. The silver haired man scratched his chin, he had not ever been this far before. A new town, a new opportunity. He was, unfortunately, a complete stranger in this land. He knew nobody, he knew no place, and thus could be considered lost. Following the trail was all Lance could do for now. Well that and complain about the heat to his horse who couldn't understand him anyways. He wondered if he would be able to get some good deals here, and hoped to see a marketplace bustling with people everywhere. Oh but the poor man had no idea what lay ahead. It was no ordinary simple town, a fact he would quickly learn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaelin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

((Yup! You got it. Kitai, you can take this one if you want, or if you don't have the time, I will.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:08 pm

((it seems the town hasn't been destroyed yet. Well, that's a better setting anyway. XD you got off lucky not trying to get accepted by the character Akaelin. Estoy escribiendo un ensayo para la clase de espanol ahora, pero puedo tener un poco de destracion durante. No me importa el tiempo que duermo.

aka. I'm writing an essay for spanish class
Kitai: so I'm not preggars at this moment in time, hooray!))

Kitai sat on one of the buildings overlooking the marketplace, swinging her feet contentedly though distracted. The festival that would celebrate the second anniversary of the end of the war with Lycaon was in a few short weeks and already preparations were well underway. It installed a sense of peace in her to see the amount of people that the coming event had attracted to the group known as the Rebellion's small village. There was, however, a small problem of confusion in the marketplace with all of the new merchants that showed up to sell their wares during this celebration. Because of this, Kitai had taken it upon herself to try to organize a space system for each merchant to get a permit for a certain spot in the square and the streets. The spot where she was sitting now was a prime place to spot the carts of new merchants entering, so any confusion about who to go to would be cleared up right away.

Even now Kitai saw a new cart come into town. A man with silver hair, though seeming to be in his mid-twenties, had just ridden up. She deserted her perch to approach the new guest. Some of the humans were a little bit surprised at her appearance due to the wolf ears, tail, and paws that she had, but none of them she encountered had any werephobia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Lance pulled the reigns of his horse to stop it. He hopped off and stood just in front of it. This was because he noticed someone coming toward them, with the clear intent of speaking to them. He disliked the idea of speaking while still on his wagon. It made him feel.. like he was more important than he should be. Though there was one thing he could not deny right now, no matter how hard he may try. The girl heading toward him had features of the creature he despised the most. Ears, tail, and paws.

From the looks of it she didn't seem to be attacking him, so he kept it cool. When she was within earshot he spoke first, "Hey there, I'm Lance. And you are?" Generic, definitely. But it was better than nothing. Besides, she clearly had something she wanted to say, and it would be easier on him if they at least knew each other by name, for now. Though it might have been a bad omen that the first person to greet him was a wolf girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:40 pm

"I'm Kitai," Kitai responded. "You might call me one of the 'betas' around here, and town blacksmith. Though currently I'm organizing the merchants that are flooding in to our town for the festival in a few weeks."

Just the reaction she didn't like; she hated it when her appearance made people pull away from her. It wasn't just among humans, but many weres either laughed at her or pitied her for being so 'malformed' as not to be able to shift out some of her animal qualities. But she herself didn't hate it; her transformation was what saved her life and she would have taken side-effects ten times worse.

"So what is it that you're selling?" She asked, trying to remain unperturbed. "Or are you just passing through?"

((estoy terminado con el ensayo.......entonces tendra que hacer mi otra tarea en pronto tiempo.
translation: Calc homework kills - see ya'll for tonight!))
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Well, she seemed friendly enough. Though he couldn't let his guard down. The word "beta" stuck in his head, along with the fact that her name was Kitai and she was a blacksmith. In fact, his eyes showed a hint of surprise upon hearing she was a blacksmith, as that was uncommon from women where he was from.

"Organizing the merchants? Festival? You're kidding me. I came at just the right time then.." He smirked. It was just too perfect. Everything he could have asked for has happened. Tons of merchants meant tons of variety. The added bonus of the festival made the weeks before the festival key. He had to find out more about the festival, and how to best use it to his advantage.

Selling? Oh, right, usually merchants sold something. "Actually, I'm not a typical merchant. I don't sell anything specific in particular. I deal in dealing with other merchants. Put simply, I buy cheap and sell high. It's a profitable business that requires only a bit of capital. It's very dangerous, though. But I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times before so I won't bore you." And then a question struck him, that he was going to ask sooner or later, "So what kind of festival is this? Even more so, what kind of place is this? I'm sure you've noticed, but I'm not exactly familiar with these parts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Kitai checked the stack of papers with a sketchy diagram of the town drawn on them. She took a feather Quill and scribbled down a place in one of the open sections, showing Lance the spot she marked. "You can set up your stuff here," she said. "As for your other questions, you're in the country of *_________* in the village of *___________* ((can you tell we don't have names for places?)). And as you can and will see, there are a lot of weres in this area, especially in the Rebellion. We wouldn't let any that have any desire to harm humans into this village though, so you don't need to worry about getting attacked by anyone. The festival is to celebrate the second anniversary of our defeat of Lycaon and Demonwolf." She kept a smile on her face while she talked, but underneath Kitai was thinking of all the people that died in that final battle or shortly after. Yoko, Sai, Quill, Jetta, Taren - the list went on and on.
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:58 pm

OoC: XD at place names. And you should get on AIM, just because.

Even though it was said casually, the fact that there were a lot of weres in the area made him feel a bit uncomfortable. Even if they weren't the type to harm humans, it just made him feel a bit powerless and unwelcome. The festival was the celebrate a victory, and there wasn't much else that she said that stood out. After all, there wasn't a special thing that everyone did, or anything of the sort. He was hoping for something along the lines of "and all the villagers get together and do this and that." That would have allowed for his advantage in the affairs of the festival, but no matter. He would still profit somehow.

He didn't bother to argue, but he didn't really need to set up his stuff at all. Since he was a traveling merchant that didn't sell particular goods, in these situations he went to the other merchants and made his deals that way. Though it wasn't a bad thing that he had space. He could probably make use of it somehow.

Returning his thoughts back to the current situation Lance said, "Okay, sounds good. Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:10 am

"Nope, that's about it," Kitai said happily. "Just keep to Akaelin's good side and stay out of trouble."

((wheeeee shortpost - because feel free to jump in on the regular plot now)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance - Acceptance   

Back to top Go down

Lance - Acceptance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: