The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 pm

((Okay, this is probably gonna be really short because as of the past few days my brain has been fried. ))

Akaelin grabbed Sayne by the sleeve of his shirt and brought him to his side as if to say 'here he is herpaderp'. He turned to the falcon, pointing to his would be opponent. Sayne frowned slightly, not seeming too pleased with the whole situation. Akaelin waved his hand in front of Saynes face, bringing the falcons attention back to him. "See that guy?" the wolf asked, glancing over to the man who looked like he would probably kick Saynes ass. The falcon nodded in response, an agitated gleam in his eyes. "Kick his ass."

Sayne rolled his eyes and stepped up beside the unnamed person so they could walk out into the circle. Fuck my life, he thought angrily to himself. Just get it done and over with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:32 pm

((yeah, I barely remember what the fuck is going on XD))

As soon as Sayne joined the tribesman, he started walking out to the circle along the path that was marked. The scorpion tails dipped down toward the two and hovered just over them, as if picking up their scents. They seemed excited to see some blood be shed and to get an early meal. The tribesman tried to conceal his fear as the tails of Aravos passed close to them, but Siva could smell his fear. She hoped that the fear of the Aravos wouldn't cause him to become more determined during his fight with Sayne.

((fuck, where did I put Kitai?))
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 pm

((Ummm.... she's back in the tunnels where it's nice and safe I think. Either that or she's with Arlyns group. xD))

Sayne looked up at the tails, thinking that they were some kind of fancy tribal decoration or something. But as he continued to stare, he noticed the slight, subtle wavering movements, as if something under the sand was holding them up. Or perhaps they were stuck in the ground and were beginning to fall due to the shifting sand. Either way, the falcon knew that he didn't want them falling on him. As he reached the center of the circle, he vaguely wondered if there was some sort of funny ritual this guy was going to do, or if they should just start beating the shit out of each other.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:44 pm

((I'm thinking that she's with Arlyn's group))

Nathifa watched above from her spot on the hovering riverboat as Sayne and the tribesman walked into the center of the circle marked with rocks in the sand. When they reached the center, the tribe spokeperson stepped forward toward the path and spoke in the language of the tribes. It was similar enough to egyptian for her to roughly make out what he was saying. It was some kind of ritual statement to the Aravos reaffirming with them that only the loser of the fight would be harmed.

"Start!" he then said in English so that Sayne would be able to understand. The tribes' fighter started circling around Sayne, looking for an opportunity to strike. Since the loser was decided on who got pushed out of the circle, he ran through different grappling maneuvers in his mind. Simply throwing punches wouldn't do much good here.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Sayne would've been able to understand if he had been looking at least. But it wasn't until he saw the man trying to circle around him that he figured he should probably start paying attention. The falcon made no move to strike. Hell he didn't even get into any sort of fighting stance. He watched the man carefully, studying his every movement. With vision at least twice as good as the average raptor, he could see the mans muscles tense, strain themselves underneath the dark skin. As the man came closer to his back, the falcon turned, not allowing him the luxury of getting behind him where he wouldn't know what was going on. This man was definately larger than him in terms of both height and overall body mass. Perhaps the falcon could some how turn that against him. Then again, this man reminded him of a zulu warrior, and they were known for being agile and tricky.

((by the way, zulu warriors actually existed. xD))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:59 pm

((I was kinda thinking of them for the tribes. Made up some unknown language though))

The warrior positioned himself in nearly the exact center of the circle, the place farthest away from the edges, before seriously looking Sayne over. The falcon was definitely smaller in stature than himself, but he still wasn't going to underestimate him. Trying to keep his wight grounded, the man lunged at Sayne, trying to pin the falcon's arms to his body. If he could accomplish that, it would eliminate most tricks and make it a lot easier to get his opponent outside of the circle. He was fighting for his life and he knew it; he wasn't about to leave his wife behind.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Sayne lept upward as the man lunged at him, bringing his hands down on his head, using it as a base to back flip over him and out of his reach. Behind him now, he danced to the center of the circle rather than attempt to push him out of it. Brute force would fail him here and he knew it. Perhaps he could get the guy to run out of the circle himself. If this guy was like a zulu warrior, then Sayne needed to think of what could defeat a zulu warrior. The first thing that came to the falcons mind was a scot. But then again, he didn't have the scottish claymore or shield. He had studied many different warrior cultures with Syn over the years, imitating and recreating their off the wall weapons - like the flying guillotine and spit of poison. He ran through the spartans, the samurais, the xaolin monks. But all had weapons to their advantage, of which he did not. Henceforth, he was fucked.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Nathifa watched anxiously as the two below exchanged their first blows. The three tails that were showing above the sand were waving in a way that reminded her a bit of a dog. They're....excited, she observed. Nathifa wondered that if this went on too long that they wouldn't decide to just take them both.

The warrior spun around as Sayne landed behind him, not failing to take notice of the fact that the falcon now had the center to himself. He rushed at Sayne again, this time aiming to take hold of one of his arms. Fear of the three creatures that awaited the loser of this match made him want to get it over with as soon as he could. Unless the falcon had some trick up his sleeve that he wasn't aware of, the warrior hoped that his own strength could win him this match.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Anxious, Sayne noted. The man seemed anxious. Why did he seem so nervous? This was just a little tiff wasn't it? A chance for the Rebellion to show off...or something like that. Maybe he had some lady at home and he wanted to get laid. Either way, his impatience wouldn't help. However, the falcon could think of a way to make the man even more frustrated.

Instead of dodging the mans next rush completely, he ducked under his outstretched arm. Sayne wrapped his arms and legs around him in a tight cling. Now if he wanted Sayne out of the circle, he'd have to run out himself.

((Yeah. Saynes clinging to him. xD I do this to people all the time. I'm totally weak, but for whatever reason when I cling to someone, no one can get me off. lolz. ))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 pm

((my ex-boyfriend will sometimes jump on my back with little to no warning....it's gotten so that I have enough practice now to keep standing up. Except for when we were at the beach on friday, then my other friend had to pull him off me before I started inhaling water XD))

The warrior tried in vain to pry the falcon's limbs from around him. He calculated that Sayne didn't have the muscle to try to crush his bones in this position, but it would also be difficult to get him off his back. He considered standing with his back to the outside of the circle at its edge, making Sayne be outside of the circle, but from the other fights like this he had seen the loser had to touch the ground outside of the circle. Instead, he did the only thing he could think of, which was to fling himself onto his back in the center of the circle, hoping to either crush the falcon or at least knock the wind out of him.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:30 pm

((xD Yeah, so I'm totally going to base this whole cling thing off of my clinging. xD))

Sayne felt his breath leave him suddenly. He might've felt a rib crack as well, but he wasn't too sure. The pain in his chest was too far spread for him to pinpoint it in one exact location. However, he had expected this, since the man didn't have too much of an option. The falcon only tightened his grip and tried to focus on steadying his breathing, which was now sounding more like wheezing. He focused solely on keeping himself clung to the tribesman and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:35 pm

The warrior didn't even feel the falcon's grip loosen after being fallen upon. What the hell?[i] he thought. [i]What is this guy made out of? If he couldn't get this guy off of him by falling on him, then maybe he could just try to get him out of the circle. Still on his back, he started making his way toward the edge of the circle. If Sayne touched the sand outside of the circle first, then that would make him the loser. His only worry was that the falcon was clinging to him so tightly that he might get taken too.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Sayne felt the man start to crawl towards the outer edge of the circle. But there was no way that the falcon would touch the outside of the circle first. He was too far down on the mans body - with his arms wrapped around his abdomen. His head, his shoulders, his hands, something would touch the sand before he did. So was he trying to loose on purpose or something? Regardless, Sayne kept himself attatched to the man, seemingly made out of some kind of super glue or something.

((I'm gonna go here soon. *ish tired*))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:47 pm

((XD all right))

The man flipped onto his side, still with Sayne facing the outer circle, as he continued toward the edge. Before he reached it, he tried rolling the other way, hoping that the rough texture of the sand would cause the falcon to let go. He reached behind his back, trying to find Sayne's neck. If he cut off his opponent's air supply then he would have to let go when he passed out. One of the tails started dipping down over the arena, as if growing impatient. The other two also looked like they were unable to contain their excitement.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:17 pm

((Sorry. Yer gonna see this and think I replied finally. xD

Actually, I'm going to bed. I'm having super bad cramps and my brain is fried. Will you be on at all tomorrow though?))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm

((pfft way to psych me out. And I'll be gone at an amusement park most of the day tomorrow and then have colorguard from 6-9, so probably not till late))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:21 pm

((Okie dokie. Well then I'll probably be on here later then. ^^))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink   Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: