The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Somewhere Down this Road

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Somewhere Down this Road Empty
PostSubject: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 pm

"I know someone's waiting.
Years of dreams just can't be wrong.
Arms will open wide, I'll be safe and wanted.
Finally home where I belong."

It was midmorning and Yoko was missing. From Hel at least. Anytime he wasn't chained to her (literally or metaphoricly) she considered him missing. AFK. MIA. AWOL. Whatever. He felt like a marionette, a broken record. You're right Hel. Of course Hel. Anything you say Hel. It was irritating to say the least. Haldiss had become like a kind of stress reliever for him. But the scenery around Yggdrasil got old after awhile, and it was always fun to know Hel was probably looking for him. The white creature was fairly calm this morning, head halfway raised as her ears darted around, attentive to all the sounds around her.

He wasn't lost. He knew exactly where he was. In the forest where a quarter of the rebel group was waiting for Akaelin, Nathifa, and the others to return from the desert. If Kitai hadn't gone with the third party (the vast majority) she would be here. He twitched slightly as a tree began to sway as if under force from the wind - of which there was none. Even medicated he still sometimes saw things that weren't there. But at least fish weren't jumping out of the ground and inviting him to tea. That was just messed up.

He dismounted, gathering the reigns in his hands and ground tying the white mare. The rebels would be on the look out for someone on horseback, so it would be best to go on foot from here on out. He shifted form so he would go unnoticed, slipping through the underbrush in search of his target.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Kitai lay back on her cot in her small tent and stared at the ceiling with a blank look on her face. The midmorning sun streamed in through the fabric above her head and illuminated the interior of the tent, indicating that it was a bright and sunny day outside. But she didn't feel like going out. She didn't feel like doing anything.

She sighed. With the exception of Arakil, there was no one around the camp that she truly felt like she wanted to talk to. But she had to anyway. The people who stayed behind partly turned to her for leadership in the absence of Akaelin and Nathifa, and she had to answer their questions and give them their reassurances. With her ongoing pregnancy, she could no longer fight, change forms, or forge anything. With that it took away all but one of her purposes in life. And that one other purpose was one that she could now rarely see, one that she might have to learn to live without no matter how brutal that thought was.

Yoko, Yoko, Yoko. Kitai folded her hands gently across her slightly distended abdomen and thought about the twins inside that she was carrying. "At least I can talk to you two," she said softly, giving her stomach a light pat.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 pm

He could hear her already. Those giant ears had to be good for something after all. He scampered through the brush, his heart alight and hastening his pace even further. He looked around, hoping that no one else was near. Oh well he was already exposed, might as well run in now. The entrance flap shifted slightly as he entered, immediately shifting back. He hoped he didn't scare her with his sudden appearance, but he needed to be near her. He didn't even wait for her to sit up on the cot as he swept Kitai up into his arms and hugged her tight, quite concious of the little bump between them.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Kitai's ears twitched in mild disinterest as she heard footsteps come running toward her tent. It would probably be someone or another coming to her with urgent panic about an attack that someone or other had been spreading rumors about. Then she would have to debunk the myth and assure the person that everything would be all right in this war. That they were going to win. That there was no way that Hel could possibly-

A familiar scent suddenly hit her nose as the person burst into the room, not even giving her time to register it properly in her brain before she was scooped off of her cot and into a pair of strong arms.

"Yoko!"

Her voice was all delighted surprise. She had doubted if she would ever be able to see Yoko again, yet here he was and here she was in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his head down for a kiss, her heart racing with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 pm

He grinned upon hearing her say his name. And when he leaned down to meet her kiss, he could swear he felt like he had a heart again. "I missed you," he breathed, touching his forehead to hers. There was no way she could fathom how much he had missed her. How wonderful it was to hold her again. One hand trailed down to her stomach and his grin widened. It was good to know the twins were still alright. "Are you okay? Someones taking care of you, right?" His mind was a whirlwind of questions, and he immediately felt ashamed for not being able to be there for her when she needed him. He wanted to take care of her, but at the moment he didn't really have that option available to him.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 pm

"I missed you too," Kitai said, feeling fully satisfied for the first time in weeks. Right now there was no war, there was no Hel, there was no Rebellion base camp. There was only Yoko: his scent, his voice, the touch of his hands on her skin. "I'm all right, there aren't really many healers here that are familiar with pregnancy, but some of the women have had children of their own. They're giving me advice and helping me. We still haven't decided what to name them." She felt that somehow, by choosing names for the twins with her beloved, she could keep him safe from harm so that he could come back and raise them with her.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

When Kitai mentioned that there weren't many healers familiar with pregnancy, a rare frown revealed itself, but was replaced with a slight half smile when she added about the other women. He laid a rather chaste kiss on her forehead when she continued on about the names. "No, we haven't yet," he agreed. Though he wasn't quite sure what they should be expecting. Two girls? Two boys? One of each? He thought that two of the same gender was more common, but they would be picking out names for both sex anyways. "I'm not very good with names. . . but I'll agree with anything that isn't norse," he said. He had meant it as a joke, but there was a slight, bitter tone laced through his voice.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Kitai had almost a pained look on her face as she reached up to gently lay her hand against the side of Yoko's face. She knew that no matter how long they talked or how much she tried to get him to stay he would have to leave again. And she never knew when the time would come that he would leave and she would never see him again.

"I don't know...I like Flora," she finally said. "For one of the girls' names at least. I'm not very good with picking out names either."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 pm

He rested his hand over top of hers and smiled reassuringly, his expression softening. He wanted to tell her that he knew for certain that he'd be back someday. But he didn't know. ...Actually, he was about 80% sure he wasn't going to make it out of this alive. But he didn't want to tell Kitai that. "Flora's a nice name," he commented, lacing his gloved fingers through hers. "Although if we end up having two girls, I'd rather the other one not be named Fauna," he added with a laugh. He guided her over to sit down on the cot. No need for her to be standing around while they talked.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 pm

When they sat down on the cot, Kitai lay back and rested her head in Yoko's lap. For as long as he was here with her, she was going to savor every moment of his presence. She would memorize every tiny detail in his face, his voice, his laughter, his personality, so that someday she could describe them to their children so that they would know their father. They would know that, and they would know how much he loved their mother and them. She would always speak of him as a hero, even if the strings forcefully attatched to his limbs led back to the enemy.

"That would be kind of ridiculous, wouldn't it?" she agreed with a small smile. "Selma might not be a bad name...what do you think for it both or one of them are boys?"
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Yoko smiled as she laid her head in his lap. He was glad he had come, moreso now than usual. He let out a long breath, stroking her head and playing with the strands of her hair. He felt a lump form in his throat and he swallowed past it, remaining his calm composure. In truth, death used to be the thing he feared most in the world. Now the only thing that topped it was something happening to Kitai or the twins she carried.

He pouted slightly as he tried to think of good boy names, but they seemed to elude him. Afterall it wasn't like his own mother had been good at naming children. "Ummm. . . . . . chester?" he guessed, seemingly confused and just spitting out the first name that came to his mind.

*TTLY NOT LISTENING TO LULLABY FOR A STORMY NIGHT NUP*
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:17 pm

"Chester," Kitai said, rolling the name around in her mouth. "I like the sound of that. Chester."

She closed her eyes and relaxed against Yoko, entirely unafraid of the consequences that might arise if someone from the Rebellion came into the tent right now and saw him. It broke her heart that the great majority of the Rebellion thought that Yoko had turned against them and didn't listen to her when she tried to tell them otherwise. She hadn't told anyone but the people she really trusted who the father of her future children was for their safety and her own.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:24 pm

He was actually a bit surprised that she liked the name Chester. It really had just been his fried little brain firing off the first - and only - thing it could think of. "Ummmm. . . . " He bit down on his bottom lip as he thought, those messed up little gears in his mind turning and creaking, not familiar with being used so much.

Loading. . .loading. . . 45% . . . 55% . . . .75%. . . SYSTEM ERROR. DOWNLOAD FAILED. . . POOT.

"That's all I can come up with," he admitted, his aura emiting waves of pure FAIL.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

"It's a good name, though," Kitai said. She smiled and opened her eyes, sitting up so that she could straddle Yoko's legs, wrapping her arms around him. "It fits. If they're both boys than I'll come up with another name." She buried her head between his shoulder and neck, clinging to him like he was her last tie to life.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:43 pm

He wrapped one arm around her waist, his other hand set gently on the back of her head as he rested the side of his face against her head. That same lump formed in his throat again and he swallowed past it, closing his eyes and trying to loose himself in her scent, in the feel of her body pressing up against his. But he couldn't. At least not until he knew something for certain. "Kitai. . . " he mumbled, not shifting from his position. "If something happens to me. . . " Oh dammit just say it already. "If I die. . . please. . . promise me you won't hurt yourself." There. He said it. One of his worst fears laid bare for her to disect.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Kitai held Yoko even tighter, the subject she feared most having been brought up. "Don't say you'll die," she said, a few tears leaking out of her eyes. There was a hope in the back of her mind that if they didn't talk about it that it wouldn't happen. "Please don't say you'll die. There will be a way, there's always a way. But if you did, I would do what's best for the kids. I couldn't try to follow you into the dark and leave them by themselves."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:55 pm

He would never outright say that he was going to die. But he couldn't tell her that he was going to live either. So he let her cling to him, taking a form of comfort in knowing that she wouldn't try to do anything to herself. If he died, more than anything he would want her to move on. He wouldn't want her to shut up inside herself, depressed an unable to look at anything that could possibly remind her of him. "Okay," he breathed, gears turning in his brain as he tried to think of some loophole that could get him out of this. Not that he didn't try and think of something every day of his not-life.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Kitai kept her face in Yoko's shoulder for a few minutes longer in silence before finally lifting it and wiping the tears from her eyes. She took a breath to say something, but no words would come out. Instead, tears started flowing down her face again. She dipped her head down and let her bangs fall over her eyes, trying to hide how torn up she felt. "Please don't leave me," she managed to say softly.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

He hated himself for even bringing it up. The last thing he wanted to see is Kitai crying right now. He tilted her chin upward, brushed her bangs out of her eyes and wiped her tears away with his thumb. He leaned his head down to kiss her, hand coming to rest on the side of her face. "I would never," he replied firmly. Even in death he would find a way back to her somehow.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Kitai's green eyes stood out in bright contrast to her red face as she finally managed to look Yoko in the eyes. "I know you wouldn't if you had a choice," she said. "But even the world might not make it out of this war." She kissed him again. It was heaven to be in his presence, but hell to know that he might have to go back at any moment, to leave her for what might be the last time. If only she could stop the universe and spend eternity with him.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:27 pm

No, he wouldn't if he had the choice. He wouldn't even be stuck with Hel if he had had the choice. ...But then again, if he hadn't gotten stuck with Hel, through a chain of events he'd rather not recall, Kitai wouldn't be carrying their children right now. Seperation had brought them closer together, if that made any sense whatsoever. And the world could make it out of the war. Of that he was certain. He he knew just how to do it. But he couldn't save the world and be with Kitai at the same time. He had to choose one or the other. But for now he could only kiss her back, silently wishing for eternity to come.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Kitai lay down on the cot and pulled Yoko down next to her, still clinging onto him as if her grip could stop him from leaving. She closed her eyes again, pressing herself close to him. For now she didn't want to think about raising the kids without Yoko, seeing his face in theirs every day. She didn't want to think about them having to grow up without a father. All she wanted to think about now was Yoko, here and now. Once her best friend, now even more than that. Losing him would be as painful as cutting off her own arm with a rusty saw. Six months...six months until they were due. With any luck he would be able to see them before.....before he couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:49 pm

He laid down next to the werewolf, arms draped around her protectively. He he was going to die by the hands of the Rebellion, then he might live to see their children. But if Hel ever found a replacement, it would be before six months was up. She would never give him the enjoyment of seeing his kids for the first time, or ever for that matter. He forced a smile, even though Kitai couldn't see it and held on to her tightly. He needed to say something, to get her mind off of his death. "How is everyone?" he inquired, hoping that he could give her something different to focus on.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 pm

"The usual," Kitai replied with a small hiccup of a laugh. "Personality clashes and everything...Jetta said that she was coming down to the front." It was a relief to try to talk about something mundane, something safe, rather than return to the elephant in the room. She kissed Yoko again, wanting to spend as much time with him as possible.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:18 pm

"Oh really?" he laughed after Kitai has kissed him. He really didn't know how the Rebellion was supposed to work, since he had never really been a part of it. Always hanging in the background. "How's Akaelin fairing as a leader?" He hoped that his younger brother hadn't bitten off more than he could chew by taking on the position.

((FFF SHORT POST. I won't be on until like 9 or 10 EST cause I have band and then a rock test to study for. OTL))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Down this Road   Somewhere Down this Road Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somewhere Down this Road
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Forest-
Jump to: