The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Festival

Go down 
+2
Kitai
Akaelin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

The Festival - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 am

"Okay, you can ask me questions." Runi said, looking down in disappointment. He had really hoped that he could have helped Tory, but he didn't know anything about healing and his power wasn't suited for it. His mother might be able to do something, even if it was to just extend Tory's life by a number of more years.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 am

"Alright. How were you able to stay under the water for such a long time? And earlier you mentioned something about teleporting as well," Jan replied. His brain was a bit dead at the moment, and he probably wouldn't ask all the questions he had had last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 am

"Those are easy questions." Runi said. "Like I said, you would know if you were around the village more. I was born a half year ago and I'm the child of Nathifa and Set. I was born to serve as a peace treaty as well to fill the vacancy within the pantheon. In short, I'm a god. I don't need to breathe and my mother's oasis dimension is open to me."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 am

"A peace treaty between the Rebellion and Set?" Jan said mostly to himself. That didn't make sense to him. Why would Nathifa bear another mans child for the help of one god and his half dead army? Unless there was more behind the story than Runi was letting on. Still, Jan didn't feel that that was a question for a child. "Uh...huh...hmmm... So, apparently you age rapidly then. Will you stop aging when you reach adult hood, or will you be like, 80 in two years?"
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:30 am

"I don't think there's really any set rule." Runi said. "I think we stop aging when we reach the age that represents us best. Isis is really young, but Osiris appeared older. I don't know when I'll stop. I'm supposed to be a secret though just in case trouble comes up again. As of right now I have more raw power than anyone else in the pantheon, that's why I have to wear this pendant to keep it under control."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:34 am

"Alright, alright, I'm done," Jan said sleepily. Runi hadn't asked him a lot of questions, so he had tried to do the same. "Unless there's something else you wanted to know, we'll probably be on our way. Geary's still at home probably wondering where we are because she couldn't find the note I left."
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 am

Runi nodded. He didn't really have much to say. After all, he had just learned that the person that he thought could be his friend was dying

((goodbye! I'll get on if I find an internet cafe!))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 pm

With a wave, Jan grabbed Torys hand and left to return home. Amilie was probably still there, and the two of them needed to have a halfway decent talk.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 am

Derak woke up again, this time his head just buzzing a little, he managed to get down stairs and was about to go out the door when... "Hey! You! You never payed for lodging!" Derak turned around and saw the inn keeper glareing at him,
"Oh, didn't I? Sorry, I guess I'll do that now..." Derak fumbled around his belt for his sack of coins... but it wasn't there...
"Ummm... perhaps I left it in my room? Can I go up and check?"
"And climb out the window I'd guess, no my lad, you'll have to work off your debt!" The inn keeper said with a small smile on his face
"ohh... great..." Derak then spent the next several hours splitting wood in front of the inn for the fireplace...
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 am

((Heh heh...Kitai's not around to save Galvad this time.))

Akaelin came onto the scene just as Jan and Tory were leaving. For once, he was rather in a good mood. Rukia and Mshai had slept through the night, he had gotten to play around a bit with Nathifa. Yup. Everything was just...about...

Aw fuck. That human was still here.

Seeing Derak chopping wood outside of the Inn put him back into his usually foul mood immediately. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked half heartedly. "Don't tell me someone was stupid enough to trust you with a sharp object."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:40 am

((rofl, that is true, Derak is going to have a bad day me thinks... I probably won't be able to post again until monday... so sorry about that...))

"Well, it is kind of humiliating, I could not find my sack of coins to pay for my stay at the inn... so here I am chopping wood for my payment, but I have been trained in the arts of using axes for warfare, as well as for chopping wood, thank you very much!" Derak said indignantly, "I am a norseman afterall, we people of the north have perfected many a fighting style with axe and hammer." Derak then went back to splitting wood, cleaving another one with one slice
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:44 am

Ohhh... Derak just said the forbidden word. He grabbed Derak by his shirt and shoved him up against the side of the Inn. "Did you say Norseman?" he asked in an eerie tone. "I don't really have a particular fondness for Norsemen." After all, his brother had been killed by a Norseman. Well... Norsewoman, but whatever.

-----------------------------------------------

'Looks like Akaelins bothering the public again', Sayne thought as he came out of the Inn. He hadn't needed a place to stay, but this Inn had malasadas, a kind of food that the falcon was a complete sucker for.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 am

"Whoa! Hey! Sorry friend, I had figured you would have guessed my heritage by my attire... I am sorry for whatever my people have done to upset you, but I assure you, I am sorry for whatever it is we did, now if you could let go of me so I can resume my work..." Derak nodded toward where the axe was laying on the ground, "I would very much like to be moveing on, I have an urgent quest that I must complete."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 am

The wolf growled ferally and released his hold on Derak. "Then get your job done and get the hell out of here." He stormed off, mumbling angrily about 'those murdering sons of bitches'. Sayne rolled his eyes as Akaelin passed him, then gave Derak an apologetic look.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:02 pm

"Oh, hello, umm... My name is Derak Thunderhammer... uuhh..." Derak said, noticing Sayne, but still being a little bit off balance after his last engagement
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Sayne smiled and held the side of his fist up to his mouth, imitating laughter, but not actually laughing. He waved his hello, but without Jan wasn't able to actually introduce himself.

Seff came out of the Inn, yawning loudly. Okay, so she had slept in...a lot. So what? She felt a hand grab her shoulder and she squeaked, whirling around. The owl relaxed, breathing outwardly when she saw it was just Sayne. "Heya! What'cha up to?" she asked happily, noticing that the falcon had company. "Ohhhh... You're that silly little human man aren'tcha?" she said happily. She looked back and forth between Sayne and Derak, finally making the connection as to why the falcon had pulled her over. "Ohhhh.... Derak, this is Sayne," she introduced. "He's deaf, so you gotta make sure he's looking at you if you want him to understand you."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 pm

"Oh, I see, my condolences..." silly little human man? Derak thought to himself, a little taken aback, although he didn't show it, "You already know my name, may I inquire yours?" Derak asked, smiling as he picked up his axe and set a log up for cutting.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 pm

"Ilyazviel von Elzienbaran. ....Nah, I'm kiddin'. It's just Seff," the owl answered. "I wish I had a cool exotic name though. Like...Like Sayne! His name's really long. Wanna hear it? I bet'cha do!" Sayne would have protested to this, but staring off into space, he didn't even see that Seff had been talking. A falcon almost never gave out their full name, not even to their leaders or loved ones. "It's la'Sayne'jaes'oisna'whimheah'ona'saniet!" Seff exclaimed. Half way through saying his name, Sayne looked down at the owl, catching the last half of the long word. He smacked her on the back of the head roughly, wondering how in the hell she even knew his full name, and why she had just blurted it out to this stranger. "Ooowwwieeee!" Seff whined, even though she really wasn't in that much pain.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 pm

"Wow, umm... How did you remember that? What was that last part again? Oh, never mind, it is good to meet you Seff and Sayne." Derak smiled, then said, "Although I don't believe I will be staying long... I have been sent on a mission, and your friend appears not to like norseman very much... aucally not many people at all down here have liked me much... you two have been really the first ones not to act at least annoyed by my being here..." Derak said, then he brought down the axe, splitting a log.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm

This time, Sayne focused his vision on Seff, just incase she decided to give away any more of his secrets. Seffs eyes lowered when Derak mentioned norsemen. "Akaelin had a brother who was killed by a norsemen," she said sadly. "I mean, they didn't feel like they practicly shared a soul or anything, but they were still close. Yoko might not have been a fighter, but he still had a lot of friends in the Rebellion."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:49 pm

"Oh, my condolences, I wish he would realize that not all norseman are murderous rampagers like that, thoes are the vikings, who in themselves are norsemen, but they do not represent us all..." Derak said, saddend a little by this new information
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Sayne wished that Jan was around so that he could have some input on this conversation, rather than standing around hoping that Seff would say what was on his mind. "Eh, I don't think it would help any," Seff replied. "Akaelin will take one look at a person, judge them negatively, and never change his mind even if that person turns out to be a good one." It was rare that the wolf actually tolerated anyone outside of his family and Kitai. "He just needs to get used to you is all. Though there's one thing you never, ever, ever want to mention if you value your life." She looked back over her shoulder to see if Akaelin had gone. When she saw that he had, she walked up close to Derak, cupping her hands around her mouth. "Don't ever mention Set to him," she whispered in his ear, reffering to the egyptian god of chaos.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:10 pm

"Does Akaelin have a bone to pick?" Derak inquired softly back, picking up another log and setting it up
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:59 pm

"He'd actually like to pick at the guys entire skeleton," Seff replied lightly. "So just don't mention Set and the guy might tolerate you some day."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm

"Noted, thanks... I should probably get back to work though... I think that inn keep will have a bone to pick with me if I don't finish this..." He smiled and chopped another piece, "although... some water might be welcome..." He said, almost to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Festival   The Festival - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Festival
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: