The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Empty
PostSubject: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:46 pm

((This is for anyone who was left behind at Sanctuary. The main reason I'm doing this is because I just watched all 8 episodes of Salad Fingers and my muse for Cael is through the roof. XD))

It was raining, of course. Heavy droplets of rain poured down from the sky relentlessly. You could hardly see your hand in front of your face. And what else was happening? Cael was missing, of course.

Amy scoured all of Sanctuary, overturning beds, peering into every cupboard, nook and cranny. She was the only one looking for the little lost wolf at the moment. Hardly anyone else liked him enough to care about where he had run off to. Dev leaned back against the wall, watching his sisters frantic search. He knew that the only reason Amy cared was because she couldn't have children of her own. Time and time she had tried again, but 8 miscarriages later, she had given up. While everyone else saw Cael as creepy and retarded, she saw him as being merely innocent and overly dependant.

Amy always did have a strange outlook on things.

"Do you think he's outside?" Amy asked, coming up to her older brother. Dev held his hands up in surrender. "Amy, your guess is as good as mine. I don't know where the little freak is." Amys jaw dropped at Devs harsh words. She'd kick his ass for it later. Turning on her heel, she quickly grabbed her coat, slipped into it, and rushed out the door.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Runi sat on a chair that was too tall for him at a table, letting his legs swing absentmindedly and staring through the window at the rain outside. He didn't like getting wet in it, but loved rain and how everything felt after it passed through an area. Even though it had only been a few days since the main group left, he was growing anxious. After all, he had no idea when the rest would deem it the right time to unveil him as the secret weapon and hopefully take down one of the gods that were against them.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:50 pm

While Amy was having a hard time seeing, a bears sense of smell was far better than that of even a bloodhound. The rain made it difficult, since it had a habit of washing away scents quite well. "Cael?!" she called out, pulling her hood up over her head to shelter herself from the rain. "Cael!" She started to run forward blindly, hoping to simply run into the tiny wolf.

The foul odor of rot and decay attacked the bears senses suddenly, dispite the rain. She quickly covered her nose with her hand, but pressed forward, having a feeling that she would find Cael at the source of the smell.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm

((graves are six feet deep because that's the depth at which animals can't smell the corpse rotting in the ground. But there are exceptions like the polar bear which can smell - *shot*))

Runi noticed the bear go out into the rain but didn't think anything much of it. Even if he couldn't do anything or even go too far outside of the sanctuary until he was called upon, he could use this time to try to make Tory see him as a friend. He really wanted to be her friend and couldn't understand why she didn't want any.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:08 pm

((Oh...this guy ain't six feet deep anymore. XD))

Amy tripped, suddenly, falling face first in the mud. She looked back at the hole she had stepped in with a curious expression. Keeping her eyes downcast, she saw several other holes around, taking care not to step in them. Some were a few feet deep, but others were only a couple inches.

The bears eyes watered as the smell became stronger, and at last she found the source. A half rotten torso was leaning up against a tree. Its eyes were gone, as was its left arm and most of its hair. Its lips had started to rot away, and she could see some of its teeth, stuck up in black gums.

Across from the torso was Cael, sitting Indian style and chatting animatedly like it wasn't raining, and the corpse wasn't so...corpsy. "Cael!" Amilie gasped, rushing up beside the wolf despite the stench. "What are you doing? Where did you find that thing?" She could already guess that he had dug it up, but the question had just spewed out of her mouth. Cael looked up at Amy and smiled innocently. "See Amy? It's Kenneth! Back from the war. Oh, he tells the best stories."

Amy paused in a brief moment of shock, then quickly ushered Cael underneath her coat and out of the rain. "Come on Cael," she said quietly, leading him away from the corpse. "Let's get you into something warm and dry." She brought him back into the Inn like building, making a mental note to tell Dev to get rid of the corpse after she had taken care of Cael.

((I'll be right back. Gotta take care of the dog.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Runi looked curiously over at Cael when he was led into the Sanctuary, wrinkling his nose slightly at the smell he brought with him. He didn't know too much about Akaelin's relative, but wasn't under the impression that he was exactly in his right mind.

((I was just quoting the NCIS episode I was watching right before I got on. Ducky got cut off before he could actually say how deep polar bears can smell TT__TT dammit, I like interestng trivia))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:24 pm

((XD I got the Kenneth idea from...I think it was the 6th episode of Salad Fingers. SF is about the creepiest flash animation you will EVER see in your life. .....EVER. ...Oi loik rusteh spoooons. Teh feel of rust against my salad fingers is almost orgasmic. X3))

Nicolette brought down a blanket for Amy, knowing very well that the younger bear was just going to ask for it anyways. Arlyn had told the bears of Sanctuary to do whatever they wanted with Cael. Unfortunately, he had been looking at Amy when he said it, which techniclly placed the wolf in her care. If Mama Lo had her way, Cael would've been put down like he needed to be.

Her face scrunched up in disgust as Amy set Cael by the, throwing the blanket over him. She used the top part to dry his hair, while he wrapped the rest of it around himself in a content fashion. "Now don't you go running off like that again," Amy chided gently. It really wasn't his fault, he didn't know any better. "You gave me such a scare you know."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe   Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speak Softly and Carry a Big Scythe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: