The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 pm

"Bad dream?" Yoko guessed, dabbing underneath Kitais eyes with his shirt sleeve. He sat up, wishing that it was actually a good morning.

But it wasn't.

He would have to leave again, and the more he thought about it, the more he realized that 9 times out of 10, this was going to be the last time he saw Kitai like this - not on the other side of an ambush or battlefield.

((sorry its so short. getting kicked off.))
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Kitai seemed to sense what Yoko was thinking, clinging all the tighter to the sleeve of his shirt for it. Both staying with and leaving the rebellioin would cause her a lot of pain: If she was away from them, she would never know if a big confrontation had happened and something happened to those that she cared about. But if she stayed for too long, she might have to see people she cared about trying to hurt Yoko, maybe killing him, or see Yoko kill people from the Rebellion.

"I wish you didn't have to go," she said, the remnants of her dream still fresh in her mind. Maybe it was supposed to be some kind of sign that she shouldn't stay, that she would get Yoko killed.
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:29 pm

((That last post got me thinking of the song, Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave. XD))

"You and me both," he answered quietly. "But I don't think anyone other than yourself would take too kindly to my sudden apperance here," he added, forcing a smile. Wrapping his arms around the werewolf, he pulled her close, tucking her head under his chin. "People are going to start waking up," he sighed. He figured he had better leave before someone checked in on Kitai and thought that he was some random stranger trying to have his way with her.

Though he wasn't able to stay, he didn't want to leave either. However, he had already stretched it out as long as he could. He was never very good with farewells, and this one hurt most of all.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Kitai sighed, knowing that Yoko was right. But at this moment people would probably be unwilling to disturb her due to the hellcat with a deer carcass outside of her tent. "If you can," she said. "Come to Chalca when I go there. It should be a while before this destruction reaches that far. If it does, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll cross the ocean and take my chances with any land that lies across it." Pulling her head out from under Yoko's chin, she lifted her lips up to his, perhaps the last kiss she would ever be able to share with him.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Yoko tried to savor every bit of that last kiss. He knew that there wouldn't be a future that involved them together and while he tried not to think about it, it always had a way of rearing its ugly head. The thought of being seperated from Kitai brought a familiar pain back into his chest, where he thought his heart should've been. Wait...no. That was Hel trying to summon him. Damn. He pulled back, trying not to appear saddened. His eyes trailed down to the werewolfs barely swollen stomach and thought of the children she carried - children he would never get to see. "Stay safe for me," he said, eyes flicking up to hers. Since he wouldn't be able to do it, all he could ask was that she took care of herself.

He couldn't help himself. Hel was getting mad, and he really didn't care. He kissed her one last time, engraving everything about her into his memory. Her looks, her scent, her taste and touch, all of it would be embedded into his mind. After keeping it in for so long, he felt the need to say those three words one last time. "I love you."

With that, he left the tent, feeling like their last night together had been over way to quickly. It was back to reality for him.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:34 pm

"I love you too," Kitai said after him, also committing everything about him to memory

As Yoko exited the tent, the was a small squeak from a nearby tree and a furry thing came swooping down. Its body was covered in short, velvety oak brown tabby fur with hindquarters similar in build to a cat's. But its forelegs were like that of a bat's, complete with wings extending from the ends down to the rest of the body and about three feet tall at the shoulder. It had huge ears and slit eyes, a two foot tail trailing behind it. The darker tabby markings beneath the left eye seemed to resemble the numerals XVII.

The creature let out another squeak and its body started shifting and changing until Siva appeared, sitting cross-legged on the ground. "Hi!" she said. "Did you come from the tunnels?" Yoko's looks and scent were not familiar to her, but she assumed he was part of the Rebellion do to the fact that he had been in Kitai's tent. She had been trying to catch a little morning sleep before the group would leave when Yoko had exited the tent.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Lie.

"Yes," Yoko replied, wondering what hidden voice had compelled him to lie. Perhaps he was learning more from Hel than he cared to realize. The awkward, almost weird appearance of Sivas animal based form didn't really phase him that much. By now, he was used to seeing all kinds of grotesque things, though he couldn't help but be a little curious as to what kind of hybrid she was exactly. Bat and cat were obvious, but was there something more?

Yoko tried to will himself to stop getting distracted. "I wish I could stay and talk." He really did. He would've given anything for that kind of time - however it would've been better spent with Kitai rather than the bat creature. "But I have to get going. Some of the people in the tunnels were wondering about this groups progess so I just volunteered to check it out. It was nice meeting you," he said, adding one of his famous fake grins to the last part.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 pm

"Okey dokey, so long friendlie!" Siva got to her feet and rubbed an eye a bit in sleepiness. In situations where she was traveling with people who preferred the daylight, she found it very hard to get any sleep at all. "He was nice. I should meet more of the people in the tunnels."

"Siva, just curious, what's with your animal form?" Kitai asked, wishing that Yoko could stay. "All the Society warriors I've seen didn't look like that unless they were aravos, and someone with darker hair shouldn't have as much power."

"I'm just a not-quite-failed experiment," Siva said with a shrug, looking up at the sky to try to tell what time it was. "They were trying to make us look a bit less conspicuous, but I got a gold and a silver eye - not exactly very incognito. My form's like that since I'm an eensy bit awakened. It stopped a certain point and didn't go on, so I think it's impossible for me to fully change into an aravos."

Kitai had succeeded in getting Siva talking, letting continue on talking to herself as she started walking with Yoko, not wanting to leave his side just yet. She unclipped something from her belt and handed it to Yoko - the first hunting knife that she had ever successfully forged by herself. "Here," she said, putting it in his gloved hand. "You have to give that back to me." Even that tiny, false hope that it would give her would be better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Yokos fake smile was replaced with a real one as he clutched the knife tight in his hand. "I only wish I had something to give you," he replied in a bittersweet tone. He didn't even have anything in his pockets, except maybe a knickersnack for Haldis later, doubting that Kitai would be interested in that. "You'll see it again," he promised. That oh so familiar wave of emotion washed over, suffocating him until he felt ready to drown. More than ever he despised Hel and the situation he had been thrust in to. If only he could've stayed. If only this war could be over. If only he could get to see their children grow up. If only, if only. There were too many to name.

He pulled her close and kissed her forehead, then tilted her chin up to his for a real one. Looking up, he whistled by sucking his breath in rather than blowing it out. It produced a naturally sharp sound that attracted what sounded like some kind of hooved creature.

Haldis appeared from the trees at a lively jog, coming around behind Yoko to nudge his pocket. Definately a knickersnack in there.

((There is actually a kind of horse treat called a Knickersnack. But if you're not careful with how you pronounce it, it sounds like N***er Snack. XD))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

((gotta go.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:03 am

Kitai lingered in Yoko's kiss for as long as she could before he broke away to whistle for Haldis. She was surprised at the appearence of the horse; not that it had come from seemingly nowhere, but that it looked like the just the opposite thing she would expect from a horse of the apocalypse.

"I- I hope we see each other again," Kitai said. She didn't want to say goodbye. That would make it too final, too real.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 pm

"You will," Yoko answered. He could promise her at least that. Digging into his pocket, he pulled out a small, flat circular object and held it under the horses nose. Eagerly, she took it, munching for several moments longer than needed, then nudged him to see if he had any more. When Yoko ignored her, she decided to turn to Kitai to see if she had any treats. Sniffing at the werewolfs pockets, she was highly dissapointed when she didn't smell anything tasty. Angrily, she took a strand of Yokos hair in her mouth and pulled on it. "Stop that," he scolded, raising his hand as if to smack her. Haldis jerked back and threw her head up, running circles around the pair.

He couldn't help but laugh at the mares antics. Sometimes he thought there was weed growing somewhere in Yggdrasil, and that Haldis had somehow gotten into it.

"You'll see me again," he added, turning back to Kitai. "But...not for another three months," the fox sighed. Then, it would be the last time he would ever see her. He wished it could've been sooner, but that wouldn't be possible.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Kitai had to let out a small giggle at the mare's antics. Once she had had a a horse that would randomly roll around on its back in the grass when it felt like it.

"Three months than," she said with hope in her voice. "I'll be waiting for you."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 am

Haldis skidded to a stop behind Yoko, digging her hoof into the ground impatiently. He grabbed the reigns, stuck his foot in the stirrup, then swung himself into the saddle, the leather creaking beneath his weight. Leaning over at an almost uncomfortable angle and kissed Kitais forehead, which was about all he could reach from that height. That was fine with him though. A real goodbye kiss would just make the situation less of a nightmare. "By the way, if you check that tree over there," he said, guesturing with his eyes to a small, slightly uplifted tree. The hollow beneath the roots would've made an excellent place for hiding things. "I did leave you a little something."

"Ricky?"

"Ricky?!!"

"Sounds like Seff's awake," Yoko said, feeling bad about dissapearing on her like that. "I'd better go." He took one last look at Kitai, knowing it would be a good three months before he got a potential chance to see her again. "Take care of yourself, and start thinking of some names," he said warmly. Nudging the mares sides, she threw her head up and took off unexpectedly, almost losing her rider, had he not gripped the front of the saddle just in time.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Kitai waited until she could no longer see Yoko through the sparse trees before focusing her senses on the camp. From what she could hear, more and more people were waking up, some of that due to Seff's yelling. Leartes was in sight, gnawing on the rib cage of his deer catch absentmindedly. She didn't stop to wonder where Quill was with her mount here, but instead knelt down so that she could peer into the hollow under the roots of the tree that Yoko had pointed out. It was too dark to see much in there, but sight and smell told her that no animal made it its home. She reached her hand in there and touched something - - -

((I'm gonna need a little hlp with this one XD))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

((XD I know.))

"Kitai, have you seen Ricky?" Seff asked as she saw the werewolf pulling out a basket of strawberries from underneath the roots of a tree. "I woke up this morning and he wasn't there," she added sadly.

She let out a small breath, pouting at the loss of her pet. "I'mma go look for him," she said, turning around to wonder off into the forest.

((sorry it's so short. just got back from the dance, and I swear someone spiked my drink cause now I feel like crap. >.>))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Kitai wondered where Yoko could have found strawberries in a thinning forest this close to the desert. She decided that it didn't matter as she took a bite of one of the strawberries, surprised to find it sweet and juicy.

"He could be anywhere," Kitai said. "I'm sure we'll find more fennecs in the desert." It was true that 'Ricky' could probably be anywhere by now, but a part of her hoped that Yoko had decided to stay close after all.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 pm

((He waved his hands and they magically appeared. XD Either that or went and bought some imported ones. I'm not too sure what he does, he's got a mind of his own. XD))

"Yeah, I guess so," Seff mumbled, kicking a rock. She suddenly heard movement ahead, her spirits brightening with the thought that maybe Ricky was still around. She ran ahead with high hopes, dissapointed when she saw a human figure behind a tree, one hand reaching up to grab a low branch for support. "That you Jan?" she asked, wondering what he was doing.

"Don't come over here," she heard him reply, his voice sounding husky and his words strained - which only made the barn owl even more curious. A few second later, she could've sworn she heard him throw up. "You gotta hangover or something?" she asked, almost forgetting about Ricky completely.

"...Yeah," Jan replied after a long pause, as if he wasn't sure about what he wanted to say. "A hangover."

"Well then you see what you get? Alcohol is bad for you," Seff scolded. "Is this why you keep dissapearing? People have been wondering, some think that you're sneaking off to give information away."

"...Sure." Let's go with that.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

"Jan?" Kitai said in surprise. She hadn't seen any sign of the doctor for the longest time. Maybe he stuck toward the back of the group or something. She heard a rustling in the bushes behind her, turning only to see Quill stepping out of them.

"We going to sit around the camp and snooze all day?" She asked. Kitai noticed that her hands were shaking ever so slightly, it must have been days since she got her last hit of the drug Set kept her addicted to. Her sister's eyes barely even paused on Jan and Seff as they swept around the immediate area. Quill gave a sharp whistle and Leartes started padding over towards her, switching directions when she motioned to Kitai instead. The big cat would probably have a problem with anyone but his master riding him but for the fact that Kitai smelled so similar.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:10 pm

((gotta go. Super tired. TT^TT see ya later!))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Seff leaned against the other side of the tree, then slid down into a sitting position as she decided to wait for Jan. Even though she couldn't see him on the opposite side, she figured that he wouldn't want her sitting there waiting for him. ...Oh well. He could suck a big dick for all she cared.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arlyn steadily rose to his paws as everyone began to wake, the brightness of the morning arousing them from sleep. He shook the dirt from his fur and peered around, making sure that those who weren't awake yet, were being nudged awake...or kicked, whichever they liked. On a low hanging branch was Sayne, asleep in falcon form. It would make sense that he would still be out, since he couldn't hear all the commotion. He started to look around for a flying creature, when a thought struck him. This would be an excellent moment to see how old he was really getting. The branch was low enough after all.

He took a few steps backwards and lowered his head, eyeing up the tree for several long moments. The wolf then took a running start. A few people hollered at him, thinking that he had gone senile and was about to run into the tree itself. Instead, Arlyn pushed off the ground with his back paws - better after their long rest - and dug his nails into the bark of the tree. Twisting around at an uncomfortable angle, he used the momentum to land awkwardly and ungracefully on Saynes branch. It shook with the sudden weight, which caused the bird to take flight from having been startled so suddenly.

Arlyn had defiantely been able to do that better when he had been younger. Even then he hadn't been that good at it, he wasn't a cat after all. His father had taught him that trick, but it only worked with really short branches, about 6 ft off the ground or less.

Sayne shifted form as he touched down, brushing himself off as he tried not to look as flustered as he felt. He glanced up at Arlyn, who seemed to be having some trouble getting down. Finally, he leaped from the brance, landing with an audible oomph and a wince. Most certainly not his best idea ever.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:45 am

((you know the kid in my school I was telling you about who had black hair with red bangs? His bangs are now dyed vibrant dark blue XD))

Quill had come into the main part of the camp just in time to see Arlyn's leap into the tree and his difficulty getting down. She suppressed a little laugh at the sight.

"What's so funny?" Kitai asked, emerging from the thin treeline on the back of Leartes.

"Just a silly old wolf leaping up trees," Quill replied. "You should probably get going towards the front of the group. It looks like we'll be leaving soon."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:33 pm

((Oh jeez now he looks like Sayne. XD))

'Not all of us are part cat you know,' Arlyn pointed out as he shook bits and pieces of loose bark from his fur. 'And I'm not old. I'm middle-aged.' For the most part at least. He shifted to human form, more for convience issues. "Well then. If we're going to the desert tribes, we might as well start now," he said, stretching his arms over his head and cracking his back. From just up ahead, he saw Seff join the group with Jan, the latter looking a little worse for wear. So what exactly had they been doing hm?

Last edited by Akaelin on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:05 pm

((erm...stuck XD))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 pm

((Edited my post a little. Does that help?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms   Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hug the Children with your Nuclear Arms
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: