The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lance

Lance

This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Empty
PostSubject: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:57 pm

I was bored, and decided to join. I realize that this is small and still a work in progress which leads me to ask just a few questions:

1. So what exactly is the theme/setting? I understand that shapeshifting is involved, but not much else is really explained. We have the "rebellion" but what are they rebelling against? What's the other side? From what I picked up they're just a group of generic villains trying to take over the world. So then the rebellion is their enemy? Is it really a rebellion if it's just two main forces against each other, or the rebellion a smaller force? XD Either way, yeah..

2. Magic, I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere or another, but how far can magic go? To what extent, basically.

3. I'm creating a character that's a traveling merchant who's been doing it for a while, where could he have been traveling, and what places exist outside where we will be RPing? Do shapeshifters exist elsewhere or only here? What's the general scenery of the place in which we exist? A map-type description would be useful.

Thanks in advance, xD
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Haha, welcome Lance! It's been a while since we got a new member. Basically, here's what you need to know.

1) The setting is medievalish with the main part of that being no advanced weaponry. However, medicine is advanced father along than it was in actual medieval times. The Rebellion is a name that the group carried over from their very first big battle against a god named Lycaon. A long time ago they were part of the League of Lycaon, but then decided that the god and his right hand woman, Demonwolf, weren't making the right decisions. Where we are now, Demonwolf and Lycaon were defeated for good, but the group still carries the name association. The Rebellion is definitely a smaller group- especially since a good chunk of them were killed when their village was attacked. Right now, the Triumverate of Norse entities - Hel, Fenris, and Jormungandr - have decided they just want to destroy everything for the fun of it and stole the apocalyptic riders idea from Christianity.

2) Your person can use magic as long as there is an explanation for it. (ex. someone taught it to them, it can be as simple as that). But magic can't be used at a super-destructive or god-level unless designated by the administrators (god spots are full right now. Some of them will die eventually though XD) Basically, each of the sides currently has a few power-houses with this kind of magic - some gods, some apocalyptic riders, and one just the result of a twisted project (though hers don't compare to a god's or a rider's)

3) It seems that many Euopean, Asian, and African countries exist in this world, but mainly only so we can include the mythology from them. The world is a mix of real countries, and ones that we have invented such as Salinas - the home country of my main character Kitai. As for getting you a map, we're currently working on drawing one XD

Just remember to read the rules and most importantly have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Lance

Lance

PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Alright, so I'm assuming that I can just start once my profile is done? Just post wherever assuming it's in the rebellion (which is likely where I'll end up RPing)
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Make sure to read through the acceptence thread in the 3 R's section. You have to make kind of an out-of-plot posting to be accepted into one of the sides. Akaelin and Nathifa lead the Rebellion, so you can try to get accepted by one of them. Kitai is also able to accept new people. If you want to get accepted into the bad side, you must be accepted by Hel, Fenris, Jormungandr, or Yoko
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Lance

Lance

PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Okay, I read that but wasn't sure what it was talking about. Still not really sure, but I hope I do this right XD
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:45 pm

I love you for explaining all that Kitai. XD I don't have much else to say, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The Rebellion just kept their name because that's the only thing they've ever been called.

The norse gods aren't really trying to take over the world for fun (well I guess a little bit XD), it's more of a long standing grudge against Odin. The riders were stolen, because Hel was a lazy bones and didn't feel like being creative.

From what I read of your profile, Lance, you seem to have a very good understanding. Thank you for taking the time to read the rules and ask questions .
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.   This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD  So here's a generic title. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This forum wont let me make the topic title short xD So here's a generic title.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: General Chat :: Spam Bin-
Jump to: