The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things Look Better with One Eye Closed

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Galvad

Galvad

Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Derak had been awake for quite a while, although he simply laid there, pretending to be asleep What am I really doing here... is this really the mission that Thor sent me on? Or am I completely in the wrong place... Could they be right? Could I have just drempt the vision? Did Thor really send me on an errand of great importance? Most of these people don't even like me... then again most people back home didn't like me either... Still, I am probably the greatest warrior in the bunch... and if they need my assistance they shall have it! But what if they don't...? Well, they'll get it anyway! Derak realized that he was accually quite cold for some reason. especially concidering I'm a norseman... he thought to himself again, he curled up a little and thought about making a fire but then decided againsed it, he wasn't exactly sure what was going on and a fire could be a good or very bad thing...
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Kitai heard the noise as Derak stirred and went over to him with one of her blankets in hand. "Here, you don't have fur," she said, offering it to him. "Or you can warm up in a little sparring practice with me. I may be a little rusty since it's been a couple weeks and it would be good to sharpen my skills again."

---------------------------------------------------------

Jetta stirred as Kieran awoke and forced herself out of her own sleep. "I faked your death and 'compensated for your death'." she said in response to his confused look. "Don't worry, you're only missing your shirt because I gave it to my subordinate so he could find one that fit you in a different color. You have new pants too. If you wear the gloves then the mark on your hand should be covered up as well. Do you not remember your sister visiting?"
Back to top Go down
http://uzumakikitai.deviantart.com
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:53 pm

"Ah! I thank you... Kitai...?" Derak said the name questioningly, "I apologize, I have learned so many different names in so little time it's hard to keep them all streight. But a sparring match would be refreshing! It's been ages since I have last seen combat, I have to make sure I'm not getting rusty!" Derak said, smiling for what seemed to him to be the first time in ages.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm

((I started to laugh when you mentioned Kitai's sleeping habits because of Chester...then she offers to spar with Derak. XD))

Hearing voices, Akaelin started to stir. He yawned in an obnoxiously loud manner, rolling over onto his side. He rose to his paws, shaking what dirt he could from his fur. But white showed everything, so it was a little difficult.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kieran nodded his head, indicating that he remembered Ryssas visit. It had been good to see her again. Swallowing past the lump in his throat, he looked away from Jetta. Most people got disgusted when he looked at them, so he usually made a habit not to/
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 pm

((Well, she doesn't think she'll be overexerting herself I guess))

Kitai drew her swords from her bundle of things - one longer and one shorter and started walking away to a clearing she saw as they rode. "Let's not wake everyone in the camp up," she suggested.

-------------------------

Jetta gently grabbed Kieran's chin and forced him to look at her. "Kieran, you are no longer a tsoulus ((sp?))" she said. "From this moment on you are a member of the Phantom Division and Rank 51 of the Society. There is no need for you to feel useless anymore. Repeat after me: I am not a whore."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Derak stood up and grabbed both his two-handed hammer and his one-handed hammer and started off after Kitai "Yes, waking up to the clashing of weaponry might be nerveracking to some people..."
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 pm

((XD I know. It just made me giggle. Don't ask, I'm tired. X3))

Kieran flinched at the sudden touch, casting his gaze downward simply out of habit. He didn't know much about the Society, only what Jetta had told him during that brief conversation back at Sanctuary. After a long moments hesitation, he repeated Jettas words, "I am not a whore," simply because she now owned him, and it had been a command.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:17 pm

As soon as Kitai reached the far end of the clearing, she flipped the shorted blade in her left hand into a backhand grip and sank into a battle crouch. "Ready when you are," she said. Since he was the human she would let him attack first.

--------------------------------

"Kieran, you weren't awake to hear this, but I'm not interested in men," Jetta sighed at his forced repitition. "If I touch you it is as a friend. I have absolutely no intention of doing anything to you. And you no longer have to follow my commands unless they are given as a higher rank than you, because I give you your freedom. Look, your sister even left money for you to buy yourself from me if it made it feel more real to you." Jetta gave the bag of coins to Kieran. Despite what his sister had said, she had used her money entirely in buying the new clothes.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Kieran kept his gaze cast downward, for fear that Jetta was getting angry at him. If Ryssa had indeed left money for him to buy himself from Jetta, that would just put him under Ryssas ownership, since the money was hers. After about 12 years or so of being used and beaten, one couldn't expect him to just jump up with renewed vigor all of a sudden, ready to take on the world with a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Derak analized her stance Usually with a stance like that uppercuts and faking out the opponent are prominant... So I should probably attack with heavier attacks and then attack with the offhand weapon win a sneakier fashion Derak took a stalkier stance and put his one-handed hammer onto his waist. He then charged and started bringing down his hammer, keeping ready to take out his offhand weapon should the need arise
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 pm

"Okay, I lied, the money was for your clothes, which you will be putting on by the way," Jetta conceded. "I can't get angry at you, remember? No emotions? Try for a while to put your past behind you and perhaps you'll be able to. Just look at what Kitai overcame, the murder of her parents, in order to grow close to her sister again."

--------------------------------------------

Kitai dodged Derak's blow with the hammer and jumped up to push herself off of it, flipping over his head and landing behind him. She struck out with the flat of the blade in her right hand at his back.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Derak spun around, taking out his one-handed hammer he parried her attack, just barly though. She has amazing agility! he thought to himself as he used his momentum to fling his two-handed hammer around, aiming at her side.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Kieran contemplated Jettas words as he waited for her to move her hand away from his chin. He didn't know much about Kitai, if she was a person who easily forgave, or one who held a grudge, so Jettas comment meant little to him. However, he kept any emotion off of his face, wondering just when the owls subordinate was going to arrive with the new clothes. He was so used to being naked in front of people, that simply being shirtless didn't bother him, but the room was a bit drafty.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Kitai ducked under the blow. The disadvantage of two-handed weapons is that once you put a lot of power into one stroke intended to hit the enemy you left yourself with a ton of openings. She aimed a kick at Derak's side. It was slightly unfair to the human that her paws gave her greater agility and traction, but she didn't intend to hurt him with the edge of her blades during the fight.

-----------------------------------------

Jetta rose as a knock sounded on the door. "Who is it?" she asked. Hopefully it wasn't anyone with questions as to why Ryssa had been visiting this room.

"It's me, Phantom," Abe's voice came from the other side of the door. "Ah didn't deliver these last night 'cause Ah figured ya'd be asleep. Please open the door, Ah have the clothes."

Jetta opened the door just enough so he could slip the clothes in without being able to see Kieran. Knowing Abe, he would probably jump to all the wrong conclusions.

Last edited by Kitai on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 pm

((lol, thanks Razz))

Derak felt the impact of a kick in his stomach and he stumbled back a little bit, clipping his one-handed hammer back to his belt he took up a defensive position with his two-handed hammer damn... She is really good...

Last edited by Galvad on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Kieran held completely still as the door was opened just a crack and a male voice sounded itself from the other side. He glanced over at the bundle of clothes that Jetta held in her hand, noticing their colors. He could only hope that he would never have to remove his gloves, and no one would behead him for not wearing the tsolous' white and scarlet.
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 pm

"Here," Jetta said, holding up the dark purple shirt. "The color suits you as I thought it would. Is there any purpose other than identification why tsolous must wear scarlet and white?"

---------------------

Kitai advanced toward Derak, blades at the ready. He was the type of fighter that she was used to facing; one that relied more on strength than speed. Even the majority of Demonwolf's late Dark Knights were slow enough to leave themselves with numerous openings.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Kieran shook his head as he took the shirt from Jetta and slipped it on. The only purpose of the white and scarlet was to 'warn the decent folk' as he had so often heard it put. It fit him just fine, as he had guessed that it would. Jetta had been sensible enough to use his old shirt for proper measurements.
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Derak examined her style once again, she really relies on agility for her fighting... lots of fast movements and light blows... I really wish that that damned kid haddn't stolen my one-handed axe... that would have made this a lot easier... Derak thought to himself, I have to throw her off balance... Derak charged and then dropped on the ground, sliding toward her. As he dropped he took out his one-handed hammer again and brought both weapons around to try and knock her legs out from under her, but also keeping prepared for if she jumped over him again.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 pm

((Gotta go. I'll be on tomorrow. After 10 am your time, Kitai.))
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 pm

((I'll be on after my SAT class at about 1:30 your time))

Kitai dodged sideways out of the way as Derak slid past, not wanting to try anything overly acrobatic for the sake of the fetus. If Derak was her enemy in battle now, she would use this opportunity to deal the finishing blow, but she knew that even any cut that she gave him would take a tediously long time to heal and injuring each other wasn't a good idea on the brink of war.

-------------------------------------

"One more thing." Jetta softly pressed her thumb against a spot below Kieran's left eye. When she removed it there was a symbol for fifty-one in Society markings. "There. Now when you have the gloves on no one will question you."
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Derak hopped up onto one knee and shot his leg around in a sweep, trying to knock Kitai off her feet again, she is going easy on me... isn't she...? If she wasn't she would have at least tried to finish me right there... I was ready to parry and everything... Derak thought to himself... He wasn't used to people going easy on him...
Back to top Go down
Kitai
Admin
Kitai

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 pm

((*is going to wait for Akaelin to post*))
Back to top Go down
Galvad

Galvad

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 pm

((kk, I acually think I might turn in... I'll wait for either you or Amaonna to post on riders... but I am kinda tired lol, ttyt))
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:29 am

Kierans eyes closed once more, expecting pain to come along with this. The last time someone had marked his skin had been when the slaves mark had been burned into his palm. An upside down triangle inside of a circle, due to the way he healed they had had to burn his hand over and over again in order to get it to scar. This though, came with no pain - only the slight pressure from Jettas thumb. He opened his eyes again, even before Jetta had moved the digit away. He looked back towards the ground, letting out the air he hadn't known he had been holding in. He was trying to trust Jetta, and even though so far she had given him no reason to distrust her, he still found it hard. She had told him that she wasn't interested in men, and he believed her. He didn't really have the ego to think himself irrisistable to anyone dispite sexuality.

Kieran bit down on his lower lip in a smiliar fashion to Ryssa, and at that moment, they probably would've been able to pass as twins. His thoughts drifted back once more to the Society. Jetta had said that she was rank 1, and she had just dubbed him 51. So...were there numbers inbetween those two? Kieran had never had any sort of education. He couldn't read or write in any language, and could only count to three because he had heard people do it so many times. If there were numbers inbetween 1 and 51, how would they react to him? He didn't bother to ask, since he felt that Jetta would say something like, 'If they don't like it I'll make them like it. Or...They would never question me,' but sometimes that still didn't stop people from feeling a certain way. At least the lower numbers who could feel. Hadn't Jetta said that the higher the number the less emotions? Or had he heard that somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Look Better with One Eye Closed   Things Look Better with One Eye Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things Look Better with One Eye Closed
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemy of Faith :: Roleplay :: The Rebellion-
Jump to: