The Alchemy of Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate, active shapeshifter roleplay set in a sort of alternate, old style world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Death's Profile

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krigon

Death's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Death's Profile   Death's Profile Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Seeing everything on the inside out...

Name: Death

Race: human

Height: 5'6"

*Hair Color: light blonde

*Eye Color: light blue-bloodshot

*Skin Color: pale, usually with a greenish-tinge

I know you're laughin' from the inside out...

Personality: Rather quiet and skittish, can't stomach most things. She gets her small pleasure from sucking the life out of what's around her. She has a surprisingly good sense of humor, and is always appreciative of 'the glass is half-full' people. When not scared or nauseated, she's pretty mellow and easy to please. Rarely gets emotional.

Dislikes: crowds...and music

Sexual Orientation: homosexual

See, I got a lot of fiends around.

Illness's: watch Cabin Fever

Allergic Reactions: tanning bulbs; good rhythm and harmonics

Fears: plenty

Trusts: all

Hopes and Dreams: never thought about it

History: Revelation 6:7 - 6:8 - “And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a pale horse; and she that sat on him was called Death, and Hades followed with her. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, and that they (the four horsemen) should kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Death's family history is settled in legends and Greek mythology. After the rise of Christianity and the concept of heaven and hell, of the separations of good souls and bad souls, Hades realm of the simply dead became barren except for the ancient souls that had already resided there. Hades, while a loving father, did not understand Death's aversion to her own birthplace, and chalked it up to her taking after her mother, Persephone. Persephone, as the tales have, was the daughter of the harvest goddess, Demeter, and was stolen one day while wandering away from her maidens by Hades, who had been entranced by her beauty. While Persephone was held captive as his bride in the underworld, the harvest goddess refused to do her duties, and the land fell into a long, hard winter. Finally, Hermes was sent to the underworld to retrieve Persephone so her mother would bring sunlight back to the humans. But she had eaten a few seeds from a pomegranate, and was doomed to spend part of the year with her husband, the time in which winter now resides.

Death's older brother, the grim reaper, serves as a fetcher of newly-dead souls. Despite both their parents being alive, it seems that living in the underworld had decimated their bodies, and are both rotting, walking corpses, the reaper himself reduced to a skeleton. While her brother reveled in the realm of the dead, Death had a temperament much more similar to her mothers, and requested her father to allow her to go and live in the human realm, with her grandmother. She spent her time helping to control the population, making sure over-surpluses didn't destroy civilizations and stopping animals from over-breeding. Recently, she was recruited to become the fourth rider of the fabled Apocalypse, and to play the part of her namesake. Although she was not entirely pleased to hear this, her father upon hearing this proud news, pledged to follow her and help when the time was right.

And I'll push away those baby blues...

Sanity Level: 4/10
Intelligence Level: 10/10
Wits in a Battle: 2/10
Fighting Experience: 1/10
Killing Experience: 10/10
Hunting: 8/10
Fishing: 1/10
Aggression Level: 2/10
Speed Level: 10/10
Strength Level: 4/10
Hygiene Level: 0/10
Kindness Level: 8/10
Curiosity Level: 8/10
Humor Level: 9/10
Flirting Experience: 0/10

Even though she can't stand music, she has a theme song: Mouthful of Cavities by Blind Melon

Mouthful of cavities
Your souls a bowl of jokes
And everyday you remind me
How I'm desperately in need

See, I got a lot of fiends around
And they're peaking through nothing new
They see you

They see everything you do

Seeing everything on the inside, out

Oh, please give me a little more
And I'll push away those baby blues
cause one of these days this will die
So will me and so will you

I write a letter to a friend of mine
I tell him how much I used to love to
Watch him smile

See I haven't seen him smile in a
Little while

Haven't seen him smile in a little while

But, I know you're laughin' from the
Inside out
Laughin' from the inside out
I know you're laughin' from the
Inside out

Laughin' from the inside
From the inside
From the inside
From the inside
From the inside out

Last edited by Krigon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Death's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death's Profile   Death's Profile Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

1. (this is just me being a nit pick) Gaia is the greek goddess of the earth. You're thinking of Demeter, who is the Greek goddess of the Harvest.
2. Because of the no more god rule, Hades cannot come in and help. I mean...he can pop up every now and then and offer advice, but that's it.
3. As long as she can't do anything god like, this is fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Krigon

Death's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death's Profile   Death's Profile Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 pm

earth, harvest, whatever.

I just figured since Hades was already mentioned in the prophesy as closely following the fourth rider, it wold be cool to incorporate him into the story a bit. He doesn't really have to participate.

And she does have powers, you know, the life sucking thing? I mean, I guess she's human, because Persephone wasn't a goddess, more like a nymph, or maybe even human herself, ummm....dammit! Why did I make this so goddamn confusing?!

Basically, Death can be killed in battle, and eventually of old age, so she's not immortal. She's more of a corpse, but very zombie-related in that sense. Like the video games: Cut their head off and they're dead for good. I think the disease thing is just a funny quirk, so we'll let that go, I don't think yoko will feel the need to give her the plague, right? She doesn't have any other powers besides killing crops, inflicting rabies, going really fast sometimes, and eventually she'll be able to suck the very life out of inconsequential humans, but for important people she's non-confrontational. She got these powers from her father, so do they still count? And when she does figure out the scythe, it'll be like the lamer, not-as-awesome little brother of the greatsword.
Back to top Go down
Akaelin
Admin
Akaelin

Death's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death's Profile   Death's Profile Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

You're good then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akaelin.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Death's Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death's Profile   Death's Profile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death's Profile
Page 1 of 1